For a user who has created threads on topics such as these listed below that you've created, I don't think you have any good authority to tell people straight out to search.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...t-call-209358/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/call-blocking-186509/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/can-t-backup-182598/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/the...-items-181784/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/any...ignore-175425/

People helped you in those threads and weren't that bad to you. Treat people the same way you like to be treated.
    First of all smart guy, you have no way of knowing weather I searched before starting those threads. As a matter of fact I did try to search and either came up empty, or the search function wasn't working. But at least I checked to see if there was a similar topic on the same forums page, which is the exact reason I told him to search. When he first posted the thread there were 2 identical threads open on the same page, and 3 more on page 2.

So you are so smart you go back and copy a few of my posts, but I gurantee if I researched your post history I would come up with the same stuff. So the louder you call me a hyppocrite, the louder you call yourself one as well. I also guarantee that I will find a few of your posts telling newbies to search instead of being lazy.

Copy & pasting my posts doesn't impress me smart guy. If the OP would have scrolled down the first page he came across he would have found what he was looking for.

Next time search first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 10:44 AM
    @ LittleRedBot what smartguy tells you is the way you proposed a user to search which was definitely not polite. Furthermore, they way you advised to search should suggest that you are definitely the one who searches and finds. I doubt that you did a search and found nother on posts which indicated the smartguy. Your statement that "search did not work" was purely an excuse.

To make the long story short, I agree with smartguy that people have to be polite towards the newbees. There are other ways to say "use search"

05-22-09 11:35 AM
    First of all smart guy, you have no way of knowing weather I searched before starting those threads. As a matter of fact I did try to search and either came up empty, or the search function wasn't working. But at least I checked to see if there was a similar topic on the same forums page, which is the exact reason I told him to search. When he first posted the thread there were 2 identical threads open on the same page, and 3 more on page 2.

So you are so smart you go back and copy a few of my posts, but I gurantee if I researched your post history I would come up with the same stuff. So the louder you call me a hyppocrite, the louder you call yourself one as well. I also guarantee that I will find a few of your posts telling newbies to search instead of being lazy.

Copy & pasting my posts doesn't impress me smart guy. If the OP would have scrolled down the first page he came across he would have found what he was looking for.

Next time search first.

Whether you searched or not has no relevance to the fact that you started threads on topics that had been discussed and talked about before. And you have no idea whether the OP came up empty on a search as well. And instead of wasting 2 posts on telling the OP to use the search function, you should have mentioned that you found the topic on the "same forums page."

And what I posted were THREADS that you started, not posts. Threads on topics that had been discussed before. So maybe you didn't search hard enough. Point being, nobody gave you ill-advised "search" posts twice in the same thread.

And I'm the first to admit that I used to tell people to use the search function. But my attitude on here has changed quite a bit. I guarantee if you look hard enough, you'll find some of those posts that I made in ancient threads.

Bottom line, I made a point and example of you because you have a pretty mean record on here. People makes posts and threads on here and you do scold them. But when it's time to make your thread you make sure you get your answer.
    05-22-09 12:30 PM
    Hey that otterbox is nice!!!!
    Ummm, is black the only available color?

PS: Can we all just get along here >_<
    It's not within my intention to get everyone fighting really~
    Yes sure I did something wrong~
    Yes sure perhaps I was being ignorant.
    But I do enjoy getting advices from all the experts here (and hopefully we can be friends or
    perhaps trade BBM or such ^_^).

And besides, the thread's already made really .
    I mean, just relax and chat away XD.
    Of course along the way i'll just contribute as well by telling you guys what accessories
    they have here in Indonesia that's unique too. (Well, at least I think it's unique, i dunnoe *shrug*)
    Last edited by Stalvros; 05-22-09 at 07:21 PM.
    05-22-09 06:57 PM
    Def get the Dock charger- check ebay,amazon or crackberry store

Beejive.com- a paid Instant message app well worth the $

Download App world, lots of free apps there

here is a decent free theme
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f130/op...s4-6-a-174448/

a few popular links/apps

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/
    One other thing with regards to the dock charger.
    It actually kind of contradicts but....................
    I know that I can't use the dock charger with any of my devices being 'siliconed' on or 'protected' with. Because it has something covering the device, it will be too fat in order for you to fit into the dock. This is when it becomes quite a hassle to always keep removing it just so that you can dock it .

Unless there is a dock that allows reasonable width blackberry with protectors on?
    05-22-09 07:24 PM
    One other thing with regards to the dock charger.
    It actually kind of contradicts but....................
    I know that I can't use the dock charger with any of my devices being 'siliconed' on or 'protected' with. Because it has something covering the device, it will be too fat in order for you to fit into the dock. This is when it becomes quite a hassle to always keep removing it just so that you can dock it .

Unless there is a dock that allows reasonable width blackberry with protectors on?
    It's not too fat, it just covers the little nodes at the bottom of the phone.
    05-22-09 07:26 PM
    Good job. Let's not forget we were all once a newbie, we all needed help at the beginning and we all forgot to use the search option at one point or thw other.

Apps you might wanna look into:
    1. Quickpull
    2. Captureit
    3. Beejive or palringo

I totally agree.
    05-22-09 07:31 PM
    Can we all just get along here >_<
    they have here in Indonesia
    Of course we all can get a long, that was just some diff opinion. No harm, im sure
    Btw just realised that you're from Indonesia. Where about? They have lots of diff things there, mad market! Haha! Btw, apa kabar?
    05-23-09 05:35 AM
    But the thing is, I'm looking for those kind of protector that would protect your BB when you............. drop it?
    Dont drop you BB! Take good care of it. I'm kinda person who can be reaaaallly if my phones have tiny scratch
    05-23-09 05:42 AM
    i like the implus, goviko navigator, polynt and espn mobile to name a few
    accessories are subjective but the logical basics are skin, screen protector and car charger ...holla
    05-23-09 09:16 AM
    Dont drop you BB! Take good care of it. I'm kinda person who can be reaaaallly if my phones have tiny scratch
    Lol, are you indonesian as well?
    (Or don't tell me that you translated that off google translator and just paste it XD)

Yeah I know .
    I think I have this OCD as well where I don't like scratches on anything I own.
    Like I refuse to use ANY of my stuff unless I've already had it 'screen protected'
    Then again, no harm in preparing for the worse. Not like I'm going to deliberately drop it or anything.

PS: You know what's kewl?
    A phone you can use underwater? XD
    (God knows how you can talk into it, but maybe you can talk to someone while diving or something) just kidding~

But this Otter thing, it only protects from smashes and not from water
    05-23-09 10:25 AM
    I have a pretty mean record here? What website are you even on?

The fact is, with regard to the duplicate threads, 99% of people go in cycles. First they are offended by the lazyness of others and are compelled to vocalize it. Then they get tired of nobody listening so they just ignore the threads. Then they get offended when other people show their frustration about the duplicate threads and bash the bashers. Then they realize that after sticking up for the lazy ones they are agin frustrated by the constant threads on the same topic, but are more annoyed than before because they feel let down. Then they get right back where they were in the begining.

So for as "mean" as my record here appears to you, there's also a few nice streaks that you ignored because they didn't help your point of view.

05-23-09 12:29 PM
    Arguing on an internet forum is way pointless, just be nice to all. If you have no good advice to give then just move along onto another post. We can always get on nice and bickering split hairs is for the school playground.

05-23-09 02:00 PM
    Not to hijack...but most of us do understand newbies. But some of us need to be more realistic regarding our expectations and the willingness of others to meet those expectations.

It's one thing to ask for app suggestions, but then you want folks to supply links, pricing info, language and payment options...and that's where it gets to be annoying.

If someone says, "Poynt is a good app!", then I would expect a newbie, oldie or anyone to be able to Google "Poynt" and make it happen, rather than expect everything to be handed over.

Yes, folks are rude, but let's be balanced in our thinking.
    Nicely said and true on any MB!
    05-23-09 05:39 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD