I just bought my first Blackberry, the 8900. It should be here early next week, but I'm wondering what everyones must have accessory is and why?
    03-25-09 07:32 PM
    Dock - Cause the clock is damn sexy and needs to be displayed as often as possible
    Battery - Cause the battery life isn't that great
    Car Charger - Again, cause the battery life isn't that great
    Some sort of case (I use a regular holster) - Cause you want to protect your new baby
    An attractive yet sophisticated phone charm - Cause you can actually put one on =P.
    03-25-09 07:39 PM
    I would recommend the visor. Available from the Crackberry shop;

03-25-09 07:42 PM

LOL! I agree here .
    03-25-09 07:45 PM
    Battery life isnt too good? Think thats the first thing I'll buy. Anyone through a shield like Zagg or Best Skins Ever on theirs?
    03-25-09 07:45 PM
    I put a BSE on all my BBs the minute I open the box!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 07:50 PM
    LOL! I agree here .
    I tried ordering one, but it says its on back order... =(
    03-25-09 07:54 PM
    haha that shield is a joke. You definitely need a screen protector for sure. Next I would probably go with a memory card.
    03-25-09 08:10 PM
    BSE skin, cradle, car charger and a good holster.

03-25-09 08:18 PM
    16G memory card so you're done with that. extra USB cable for the office (so you don't have to remember to pack it back and forth) car charger for sure. I got the hard, clear plastic cover and it feels like the BB is much better protected and with the cover it fits perfectly, immediately into the "Napa Leather Vertical Pouch" available through TMO website (or in the store).

The 8900 is my first BB also and I can't imagine that you would be dissapointed with it... you're in for a treat!
    03-25-09 08:51 PM
    Charging Dock
    Memory Card (atleast 8GB)
    Skin/case
    Secret Service to keep an eye on your BB 24/7, cuz you never know who wants it...
    03-25-09 08:58 PM
    haha that shield is a joke. You definitely need a screen protector for sure. Next I would probably go with a memory card.
    +1. Clairvue FTW.
    03-25-09 09:00 PM
    I wouldn't buy anything until you get it and use it for a bit, unless it's an invisible shield or screen protector. Battery life varies greatly between users. Tons of people swear by the innocase II shell and holster, and now I kind of regret buying the blackberry branded vertical leather holster. I like it okay but the idea of extra protection makes me want to part with 50 dollars after I already have a nice holster. My absolute favorite accessory is the charging dock. I keep it on my bedside table and my BB recharges when I do. The BB is set to go into bedside mode and shut off the radio so I'm not disturbed by SMS, emails, and calls but the alarm still works. And in my case the battery is still over 50% after a normal days use so I don't even use the car charger I bought.
    03-25-09 09:35 PM
    I agree with Skyboxer, wait until you get the 8900 before you commit to any accessories. I've heard people not liking the 8900, so make sure it's right for you. (I don't understand not liking it but I've heard of it)

As others pointed out, if this is the phone for you, buy a spare cable and car charger.

As for holsters, I've not had much luck with them. I might recommend the Otterbox Defender for the 8900; while it's not officially released it is on the website so the product should be available soon. I had the Defender for my 8320 and it's saved my phone countless times.

Finally buy a comfortable chair, because this is where the addiction starts. First you will find a nice wallpaper for your new baby. Just one to personalize your berry. Ah, but that's the gateway accessory. Next you're searching for themes and will wake up in the morning wondering why you have 4 on your phone when you can only use one at a time. You'll grab every free app you can get your hands on and before you know it, you're hanging out in weird webpages until 3 in the morning begging for just one more ringtone. Welcome to the world of Blackberry!
    03-25-09 10:20 PM

LMAO ... Yes, get the visor for sure!

On a serious note:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/89...-cheap-143274/

The First thing you need to purchase is a screen protector as what you see is the actual LCD itself. The case does not offer an additional layer of protection as the 83xx series did. I really like the Seidio Case personally. If you get the charging cradle then the standard battery is more than enough since you will charge the device each night. Definitely a memory card. If you are not into cases, check out the BSE.
    03-25-09 10:25 PM
    I bought the visor the moment I saw it. I am outside a lot and it is portable enough. Now I can see my screen better. It also works great when I'm dealing cards! LMAO! Just sharting around

03-25-09 11:24 PM
    Anyone know if I can put a phone charm on the 8900 ?
    03-26-09 12:32 AM
    Anyone know if I can put a phone charm on the 8900 ?
    Sure you can! Take off the battery cover and in the upper right corner there is a small hole on the side. Put the loop through the hole and hook it on the tab above the screw then replace the battery cover.
    03-26-09 01:25 AM
    I'd recommend a nice case, sd card for sure and some screen protectors! Wow I totally didn't know what that hole was LOL. Now my blackberry looks girly yay. But the battery door sticks out a bit on the side and my hard case doesn't have the hole open wtf.

03-26-09 01:55 AM
    Get some killer headphones so you can rock out to your preference of tunes
    03-26-09 07:17 AM
    i dont know what everyone else is saying but my battery is good with heavy use for the min. of a day- day and a half u need first thing you should buy is a case then a memory card. BTW skyboxer YOU ARE awesome! I didnt even know you could put charms oin this phone!!! SWWEEEEEET!
    03-26-09 08:46 AM
    i have a 8900 and a storm the only accesorrie i have is the external battery charger...it works for the storm and for the 8900 battery...i allways have a fully charged battery...the only time i do a battery pull is when i change my battery..
    03-26-09 09:09 AM
    i've gone with a nice rugged skin, for when i go to the gym..
    an 8gb sd card...
    and a desktop charger stand, just becase it looks sweet sitting there...
    03-26-09 09:46 AM
    Alright, so I bought a BSE. Considering getting the additional battery and docking station. Really like the 8GB SD card as well. Damn, all this is starting to add up though, especially when Im trying to finance my last year of University.
    03-26-09 01:49 PM
    so far i have OEM rubber skin, 16GB card, and screen protector

same process i did with my old 8320; case and screen protection and more storage.

i almost always have access to my laptop so battery is no big issue for me. although i do like that cradle and bedtime clock is sure a looker @ night
    03-26-09 02:06 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD