I know most of you will laugh at me for this, but I find the music too loud, even on the lowest volume setting, when using earbuds to listen to music on my Tour. I had the same problem with the Storm (even worse on my Storm).

Perhaps I have overly sensitive ears. It it not horrible, but I would definitely prefer one or two "notches" lower. I am trying to use my BB as a replacement for my ipod because I just don't want to carry both and I always have my BB, so ...

Is there anyway to adjust the volume sensitivity?
    08-21-09 03:45 PM
    I know most of you will laugh at me for this, but I find the music too loud, even on the lowest volume setting, when using earbuds to listen to music on my Tour. I had the same problem with the Storm (even worse on my Storm).

Perhaps I have overly sensitive ears. It it not horrible, but I would definitely prefer one or two "notches" lower. I am trying to use my BB as a replacement for my ipod because I just don't want to carry both and I always have my BB, so ...

Is there anyway to adjust the volume sensitivity?
    While I'm curious, I do think you have overly sensitive ears. The lowest volume setting is an extremely low decible that most people would find too low. The fact you say you have the same problem with the Storm leads me to believe it is not the phone, but you and your hearing sensitivity.

I do not believe there is much you can do, however maybe try some different earbuds that are covered with those "sponges" so they dampen sound a bit.
    08-22-09 03:36 AM
    I don't know if this will work but how about setting the volume to
    the lowest level and use a headset with an inline volume control
    for further sound reduction.
    08-22-09 04:55 AM
    if the in-line volume doesn't reduce the signal enough, look to purchase new earbuds with higher IMPEDANCE - its usually listed on the paperwork/packaging somewhere.
    08-22-09 07:54 AM
    Thanks, I was wondering the same thing about the different earbuds and ones with in-line volume control. I will try that.

Appreciate the suggestions.
    08-22-09 08:01 AM
    I thought mine was a little too loud too my earphones sound a tad muffled...they seem more crisp when I had my storm...but I like my tour more so whatever its somthing I can deal with!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 09:25 AM
    It is not your ears. Mine is way too loud also! I don't know what to do. I've tried different earbuds, but they all work the same. Has anyone figured anything that we can try?

I'm thinking about getting a pair of bluetooth headphones and see how those work.

Thanks!
    12-01-09 11:19 AM
    It's the OS on the tour. Certain builds have a higher volume media player.
    The 5.0 hybrid has the volume jacked WAYYY high as a standard.

Dm
    12-01-09 12:25 PM
    I've just got my Bold 9700, and it is too loud for me too. Wish they would do something about it in the next fw update.
    12-09-09 01:43 PM
    I'm trying to sleep right now realized I should see if others are having this problem. My storm is too loud!
    12-22-09 03:43 AM
    I like webtrashman's suggestion of higher impedance ear buds, but what is the impedance of the default 9550 "buds"?
    02-20-10 03:30 PM
    It is so good to see that it is not just me! My BlackBerry Tour 9630 is wonderful, but the lowest setting for sound volume when listening to the music player or Pandora is MUCH too loud. And my ears are not overly sensitive, in fact my hearing is below average, due to hearing loss when I was younger (one too many concerts). It has caused me to not want to listen to music from my phone for fear of damaging my already weak hearing.

I've tried changing every setting on my BB that I can think of and nothing has worked. By the way, the call volume on my phone does NOT have a problem with being too loud, it is only the volume for playing music that is an issue.

Based on your very helpful comments on this thread, it looks like my specific BB Tour was just made that way and there's nothing I can do to the phone itself. But I like the potential work-around mentioned by one of the posts above ... I will buy a pair of iPod earbuds that has a volume control on the cord and pray that it will help solve this frustration problem that I have with my BlackBerry.

Thanks to all of your comments so far. And if anyone comes up with a more permanent solution, please let me know.
    Last edited by IndePanda; 04-04-10 at 11:09 AM.
    04-04-10 09:28 AM
    Yeah I agree, I wish the volume could be lowered by one or two notches also. Like on the ipod you can put it pretty low, so I doubt its peoples ears.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 10:01 AM
    I just tried my daughter's Koss brand earbuds on my BlackBerry Tour (these retailed for $24.99 @ Wal-Mart, but any ear set with control should work). Her earbuds have a "slider" volume control on the cord that hangs below your neck when wearing them. I am very happy to say it solved the problem perfectly. You can set the "slider" volume control on the earbuds to about 3/4's of full volume and then successfully adjust the volume control on your BlackBerry Tour when listening to music to any volume level that you like. Problem 100% solved!

For those of you having this issue, this is all it takes to "fix" it.

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by IndePanda; 04-04-10 at 11:06 AM.
    04-04-10 11:00 AM
    I just tried my daughter's Koss brand earbuds on my BlackBerry Tour (these retailed for $24.99 @ Wal-Mart, but any ear set with control should work). Her earbuds have a "slider" volume control on the cord that hangs below your neck when wearing them. I am very happy to say it solved the problem perfectly. You can set the "slider" volume control on the earbuds to about 3/4's of full volume and then successfully adjust the volume control on your BlackBerry Tour when listening to music to any volume level that you like. Problem 100% solved!

For those of you having this issue, this is all it takes to "fix" it.

Thanks everyone!
    Except for those of us with high-end IEMs (or buds) that we are unwilling to give up. Ideally, I am looking to keep my high quality sound while experiencing it at a lower volume!
    04-17-10 09:02 PM
    Well, good luck with that, c_dell. Let us know if you solve the issue, so that you can use your "high-end" equipment.
    04-17-10 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD