I bought the 4 gb micro card from the Verizon store for my Verizon 8830 WE.

When I put music on the card the bb acts very slowly for an hour or two.

This happened three times, once when putting the initial 2 gigs of music on it, another time when putting just under 2 gigs on it, and another time after putting just one song on it.

The card was formatted for me at the store by the technician, any idea on why this is happening?
    04-26-08 08:00 PM
    This is the 2nd post today on this subject. Something is wrong . Have you tried a battery pull?
    04-27-08 07:20 AM
    Well with that many songs on a device, it's BOUND to slow down, ya have to remember this is not internal storage, it's external hence meaning it needs to "read" that storage anytime theirs even a hint of action going on with the card.
    04-27-08 10:37 PM
    Yeah battery pull did not solve it but after about 2 hours it went away. This happened 3 times already, once on a 2 gig transfer, one on a 1.5 gig transfer, and one on a single song transfer.

This is not happening when playing the songs though. Just after the transfer is done it acts really slow, is it indexing the music or something.

It wouldnt be that bad if it did it only after a large transfer, but if it does it after just a single song transfer then this is gonna me a major problem.

Sucks.
    04-27-08 11:17 PM
    i cant seem to download music to my pearl? its pissing me off though. i have the right tools but its not working right or maybe im not doing it right myself
    05-13-08 12:22 AM
    and my time is screwed. it is 10:23 here in lakewood washington
    05-13-08 12:24 AM
    uhh? anyone have some good advice?
    05-13-08 12:28 AM
    i cant seem to download music to my pearl? its pissing me off though. i have the right tools but its not working right or maybe im not doing it right myself

How are you trying to download? Enable mass storage on your BB and connect to your PC and just drag and drop onto your SD card.
    05-13-08 12:30 AM
    uhh? anyone have some good advice?
    How to add media to SD card
    05-13-08 12:49 AM
    ok thanks and im trying to do this right now i logged out and logged back to see the response. thaksG i think im still gonna need your help though.
    05-13-08 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD