I downloaded a few of the movies from Superdave (forums.crackberry.com/f66/my-first-movies-post-194778/ ) in mp4 format, but when I copy them straight over to my 8310, the movie sound plays, but I get a black screen.

If I use Media Manager to import them, they take a 300mb file and make a 700mb file out of it - and that works, but it hogs my memory.

Is there a tried and true method for converting movies outside of Media Manager that generates playable mp4 movies? I have many AVIs that I can convert. Also, I'm a cheapskate and would prefer freeware.

Thanks!

Ben
    07-24-09 06:46 PM
    I use ffmpeg with this command line:

ffmpeg.exe -y -i %filename%_tmp.mpg -f mp4 -s 320x240 -acodec libfaac -async 4800 -dts_delta_threshold 1 -threads 0 -vcodec libxvid -qscale 10 %filename%.mp4

FFmpeg

PS if you want a graphical interface, I used this a couple of times, and it worked fine. I just couldn't automate it to run each night converting a couple of TV shows automatically for me. I use FFMPEG to do this now.

iPodifier

i forget which profile worked...try a couple different ones, and you should find it.
    Last edited by matt91; 07-24-09 at 07:15 PM.
    07-24-09 07:12 PM
    Thanks Matt - I'll try those!
    07-27-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD