Earlier today, I purchased two mp3 ringtones from Bplay: BlackBerry Games - BlackBerry Themes - BlackBerry Entertainment. Anyway, they downloaded fine and they work fine, but just a short while ago, I went into the media app and clicked on the ringtones and selected "properties" and noticed that both were in the format "/Media Card/Blackberry/ringtones/filename.mp3.rem". Where did the .rem extension come from? I backed up the ringtones by copying them into a folder on another hard drive. My question is, if I should have to wipe and reload, can I copy those ringtones right back into the ringtones folder? Will they be able to play? What would happen if I renamed the files on my computer to just filename.mp3?
    07-19-08 10:45 PM
    Do you have encryption turned on for your media card? I think the .rem comes w encryption so only your Berry can see it. Others will correct me if I'm wrong. But I only get tht extension on my Berry w encryption.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 05:27 AM
    Do you have encryption turned on for your media card? I think the .rem comes w encryption so only your Berry can see it. Others will correct me if I'm wrong. But I only get tht extension on my Berry w encryption.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No, encryption is turned off.
    07-20-08 07:48 AM
    I've gotten the .rem on a few of my ringtons and pictures, on a few occasions I transfered the to my computer and renamed it without the .rem extension all was normal but that doesn't happen all the time.
    07-20-08 09:10 AM
    The only problem i have with the .rem is it wont let me send ringtones and i don't know how to change them to just being .mp3
    all my ringtones that dont have .rem are ones that i am able to send
    Does Any one know why!?
    07-01-09 01:03 PM
    it does stand for a encrypted file which means it can only be used on that blackberry
    01-01-10 05:28 PM
    its encrypted so if you were able to send it to another device it would just give them an error saying that encrypted content is on the media card and you cant play it. i will never buy ringtones when you can get them for free Myxer - Download Ringtones and More
    01-01-10 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD