I thought I had seen info on this or at least seen it asked once before but I can't seem to locate the info. I wanted to move the preloaded ringtones to the memory card for the sake of having all of the ringers in one place. Plus it would be extra space on the device memory. Not that I need the extra space right now but why wait until I do right. So if anyone knows the info or knows where its at let me know.
    07-31-08 08:37 AM
    Nope. They are saved as part of a .COD file in the phones OS. You CAN remove the .COD file to save space and just use the ones on your card. That's what I do.

PS............But if you sell the phone be sure to put them back on. It kinda makes people mad to buy a phone with no ringtones....
    07-31-08 10:53 AM
    unfortunately I used like at least 1/2 of the preloaded ringers since i rather like the little tunes they loaded. I'm guessing based on the few ringer sizes I checked that the .cod file takes up about 2MB. I take it not even the .cod file can be moved? Kind of like how we are stuck with apps only installed to internal memory. I still have ~30MB of free space so I guess I can live without gaining a couple more.
    07-31-08 11:46 AM
    unfortunately I used like at least 1/2 of the preloaded ringers since i rather like the little tunes they loaded. I'm guessing based on the few ringer sizes I checked that the .cod file takes up about 2MB. I take it not even the .cod file can be moved? Kind of like how we are stuck with apps only installed to internal memory. I still have ~30MB of free space so I guess I can live without gaining a couple more.
    more like 263kb.
    07-31-08 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD