This may be a dumb question...but since it's my first post I should get a pass. I was curious if you could download movies to the BOLD? I know you can on that "other phone" but I can't bring myself to cheat on Blackberry.

Any help would be awesome!
    11-08-08 09:29 AM
    Hey JD,

Welcome to CB.

You can copy mp4 videos to your BB via the Desktop Manager, I have quite a few on my 8GB card. Its pretty straight forward but come back to me if you have any further questions.

This may be a dumb question...but since it's my first post I should get a pass. I was curious if you could download movies to the BOLD? I know you can on that "other phone" but I can't bring myself to cheat on Blackberry.

Any help would be awesome!
    11-08-08 10:28 AM
    Mp4 videos like itunes? Do you have to convert the video resolution or does the bb do it automatically?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 10:46 AM
    Mp4 videos like itunes? Do you have to convert the video resolution or does the bb do it automatically?

No conversion needed any iTunes video will play on your BB.
    11-08-08 10:48 AM
    see the movies section of the forum. all your questions will be answered there. plus it tells you many different software options to get the job done.
    11-08-08 10:49 AM
    Thanks everyone! I will have to play around some and figure it out. I know if that is possible I'll be staying with the Bold and not going over to the dark side.
    11-08-08 01:44 PM
    I download my shows directly in .avi (xvid/divx) format and I transfer them right onto my Bold through My Computer on my PC. I don't go through desktop manager or convert anything and they work perfectly. Xvid/DivX compatibility is one of the main reasons I bought the Bold. I stopped watching shows/movies on my iPhone because the conversion process was too much of a hassle.
    11-08-08 03:37 PM
    With my Curve (and now the Bold), I have been using Cucusoft's Ultimate DVD and Video Converter. Other than one incident with a video codec problem with FLV files, it will encode any format thrown at it.

When I bought my Bold, I tried to customize a new bunch of settings for the new resolution of the Bold. I finally ended up picking on the iPhone presets (same resolution) and it works great!

Even though the AVI's work, I always encode the video into a more Berry-friendly format.

Hope that helps.
    11-08-08 03:58 PM
    another newbie, another related question.
    i know bold supports dvix and xvid, but i don't know if bold has a
    tv out function. (such as, you can connect cellphone to tv to watch movies on cellphone from tv screen.)

can we do this on bold?
    11-08-08 04:11 PM
    I am new to the blackberry world adboughta BOLD yesterday. I have a comcast account and no business server. Iwant to know how I can change the settings on my bold so i can receive and view email attatchments that are larger than 3mb.

aNY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED\\
    PETE
    11-08-08 04:27 PM
    You can't change that setting, it is a limitation set by your carrier to prevent network congestion.

11-08-08 09:48 PM
    I noticed that it might be advantageous to scale video to 480x320 before loading; I noticed some skipping when I tried to play something larger than that (though it might be a codec issue).
    11-08-08 09:48 PM
    No conversion needed any iTunes video will play on your BB.
    ok, i dont have an i-tunes account or anything, what to do about adding movies to my blackberry bold....i am too lost
    05-12-09 03:59 PM
    ok, i dont have an i-tunes account or anything, what to do about adding movies to my blackberry bold....i am too lost
    I use Handbrake to convert the videos. Use the default iPhone/iPod settings. Plug your phone into the PC with Mass Storage enabled (Options>Memory). Open My Computer and you'll see the memory card. Just drag and drop the converted videos onto the card.
    05-12-09 04:03 PM
    Hey, I was wondering, since I think this is somewhat related to this forum... Is there a way to hook up my BB Bold to the TV and stream movies on the device to the TV, and watch them on the big screen?
    07-03-09 06:29 PM
    I tried using DM to convert an iTunes movie in m4v format to mp4 using Advanced Options. I was not successful. Would someone walk me through it?
    07-06-09 08:57 PM
    Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate <--- best converting program

u can convert almost anything to anything

and you can choose convert to work on a blackberry

it will do everything for u
    07-07-09 05:43 AM
    *subscribe.
    Thanks for the info.

07-07-09 07:10 AM
    I'm able with desktop to get the movie onto my Bold but when I try to play it, I get only the audio.
    It's mp4 format and plays on my mac with or without iTunes. Any help?
    02-05-10 04:06 PM
    well..with my tour...all I did was copy .avi file to the mobile device's vid folder and it worked fine...no need for converting file format or resolution...
    03-07-10 01:32 AM
    BlackBerry Video Converting Tutorial | BlackBerry Tour Themes

Follow these steps if you need to convert something. Work everytime!
    04-27-10 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD