I am having no trouble putting short videos on my Blackberry. But whenever I try to put a feature length film on my 9700 and try to play it, I get an unsupported format error message. I am using DVD fab to rip the movie to an Mpeg 3, Mpeg 4 or AVi file. I then use the Media Manager to load the video onto the phone. Nothing is working.
    11-23-09 12:38 AM
    Try our tool. Link is in the sig. Never tested on a 9700, but works for storm 1,2 and tour. Try it out and let me know if it works for you.

Its free too, enjoy.
    11-23-09 07:10 PM
    Its gotta be your tool. I used the memory card from my 9000 and played all the movies i had on there on the 9700. All my videos are formatted in mp4. Other then the obvious screen size differnce they all worked fine. Im using PQ Dvd to convert my movies to mp4...
    11-23-09 07:58 PM
    Got ti figured out. The problem is I was using the BB Media Manager to transfer the movie to the BB. I rip the movie to an Mpeg4 format and use Mass Storage option top get the movie to the 9700. Drop and drag man!!!
    12-07-09 02:17 AM
    Do a search for Format Factory. Use it to convert mp4s and Avi's to the BlackBerry 9700 screen size. It works everytime - then drop and drag .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 10:35 PM
    I have yet to put a movie on my bb. I need to get with the program!!

12-21-09 10:52 PM
    I need to figure it out too
    12-21-09 11:07 PM
    I have yet to put a movie on my bb. I need to get with the program!!

same here.

subscribe
    12-21-09 11:09 PM
    I use Clone DVD Mobile and rip the movies into an avi. Should really split it into 2 files to cause less trouble.
    12-21-09 11:39 PM
    I have lots of movies on my 9700 now. It is awesome!!! I use DVDFab mobile to rip the movie to an mpeg4. I then use the Mass Storage Option on the BB and drag and drop the movie to the memory card. Very fast!!!!
    12-22-09 01:18 AM
    What size mem card are you using? Just want to make sure I have enough space.

12-22-09 07:18 AM
    I was trying to do this last night as i finally got an 8GB card.

Subscribed!
    12-22-09 09:31 AM
    Mobiola Studio Pro does an awesome job and the files are much smaller than any iPod download, at least 30% at the minimum. I have a 16GB card with 14 full length movies and still have 5GB free.
    12-22-09 09:37 AM
    I can't seem to figure out how to do this
    12-22-09 09:39 AM
    MSP will convert DVD, YouTube, iTunes and other formats to a compatible for format for most berries and other smartphones as well. It is very easy to use but not cheap. The video and audio quality is great.
    12-22-09 09:50 AM
    Wow, I need to upgrade emmory cards....watching movies would be awesome...I wouldn't need my iPod anymore!!

Although I'm sure it murders your battery life??
    12-22-09 10:14 AM
    the screen is smaller coming from an iPhone/iPod Touch, or even a Bold 9000. IMO the 9700 is a very capable movie player. It doesn't stutter like my 9000 did. I have 5 full length movies, 3 season of Martin (the show) Season 2 of Dave Chappelle, an a couple others, and all play so smooth. I used curisoft iPod converter. I believe that is the name of it.
    12-22-09 01:04 PM
    I use Videora's converter. Are you ripping direct from your DVD? I do most of my converting from, err.. backups I downloaded online.

Wow, I need to upgrade emmory cards....watching movies would be awesome...I wouldn't need my iPod anymore!!

Although I'm sure it murders your battery life??
    Not nearly as much as an iPod/iTouch/iPhone does. As a former iPhone 3G owner, I learned the necessity of carrying an extra USB charger at all times if I really wanted to watch a movie during my commute.

With the BB, I might be a little nervous by the evening if I watched a movie in the morning.
    Last edited by Amen; 12-22-09 at 01:13 PM.
    12-22-09 01:10 PM
    I'm having a problem w/ the fast forward option on mine. I have 2 full length movies loaded as .avi & they play superbly...but when I try to fast foward it won't let me! I click on the time status bar, scroll to my desired time to start playing again, but then it goes blank & says it's buffering but it never starts again! Also, I'll pause the movie to switch applications & when I come back & start playing the movie again, it'll start from the beginning! Any advice regarding these issues? I was excited to put movies on my phone for long cardio sessions @ the gym.
    12-22-09 01:30 PM
    What size mem card are you using? Just want to make sure I have enough space.

I am using 16 GB. I have 3,000 songs on my card too. DVDFab Mobile will compress a full length movie to about 250 mb. Works awesome!!!!

DVDFAB "DVD to Mobile" | converts DVD title to files which can be played on mobile devices
    12-22-09 02:51 PM
    I'm having a problem w/ the fast forward option on mine. I have 2 full length movies loaded as .avi & they play superbly...but when I try to fast foward it won't let me! I click on the time status bar, scroll to my desired time to start playing again, but then it goes blank & says it's buffering but it never starts again! Also, I'll pause the movie to switch applications & when I come back & start playing the movie again, it'll start from the beginning! Any advice regarding these issues? I was excited to put movies on my phone for long cardio sessions @ the gym.
    I use Mpeg4 format and fast forward and rewind works awesome!!
    12-22-09 02:53 PM
    Any DVD converter works gr8t for me. I can fast forward or what not. However, my full length movie file size usually is about 300MB on average.

This program will also convert YouTube video, etc. I have yet tried iTune movie conversion.
    12-22-09 03:09 PM
    What is the best format the movie files should be in? .avi?
    12-22-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD