Wanted to get a census from others regarding movie file sizes..

If you can list the size, possibly with minutes, format and quality, that would be great.
    12-05-07 12:25 PM
    259.3 MB
    77 Minutes 47 Seconds
    3GP
    Great Quality
    12-05-07 01:21 PM
    354 MB .avi 1-hour HD episode of Heroes>BlackBerry Video Converter> 118 MB .avi for BB, great quality and performance.
    12-05-07 01:31 PM
    I converted an episode of Heroes last night. Mine was about 176mb on mp4 format. Had to adjust some of the settings because some scenes were pixelated.

I'll try out Blackberry Video Converter to see how it is.
    12-05-07 03:48 PM
    Hey where is everyone getting these Heroes eps from? Ripped from the DVD?
    12-05-07 03:59 PM
    of course.

I ended up converting Transformers the movie. was about 636mb in mp4. Sounds like a lot, but quality and sound was way better than the first time I did it. I'm still waiting for Blackberry Video Converter to finish and see how it is compared.
    Last edited by silver; 12-05-07 at 05:15 PM.
    12-05-07 05:13 PM
    BB video converter is terrible imo, but what do I know!! lol
    12-06-07 04:02 AM
    I have to agree after testing it out yesterday.. There isnt much when asking for video and audio options. I used Any Video Converter, and it is way way better.
    12-06-07 09:54 AM
    It seemed to work well enough for me, but I'm always up for trying something new, especially if you recommend it, ya know, you, doing what you do, and all...

Hey where is everyone getting these Heroes eps from? Ripped from the DVD?
    Nope. You really want to know?
    12-06-07 10:11 AM
    Yes! Please. Do tell. I thought I was part of the in-crowd round these parts
    12-06-07 10:23 AM
    Well, I grabbed the entire first season via BitTorrent. It looked like they were HD captures straight to a media PC, with the network bug in the corner of the screen from time to time.
    12-06-07 10:33 AM
    Ah, well, yeah I'm slow. Haven't used it in a while since I use a sprint air card which makes downloads super slow.
    12-06-07 10:48 AM
    Yeesh! Air card! *shiver*

/5 years corporate help desk for e-mail, BlackBerry, RAS/VPN

"Hello? I'm on a train in Singapore trying to connect to the company LAN via VPN with a Sierra Wireless Aircard? Oh, and my BlackBerry stopped working, but least the phone part works, because I'm calling you on it."

True story.
    12-06-07 10:52 AM
    Believable story? Of course! I see "insert your card" in my sleep too! LOL. Im dumping it very soon in favor of AT&T because Comcast brings P2P to a crawl, which they continue to deny. Anyhow, I will give Any a try later on today. Thanks for the heads up guys.
    12-06-07 11:03 AM
    All I hear all days is

Customer- "Ya, I just got a new blackberry and I dont have a clue how to set it up, can you help me?"

Me- Are you currently calling me from that new BlackBerry Sir/Mam?...

Customer- "Ya, I just left the store with it."

Me- THUMP (The sound my head makes hitting it off the desk, I figure if I beat my brains hard enough I'll be on their level)

PS: This is in no way a bad reflection on new BlackBerry users...just the ones who call for help FROM their BlackBerry. lol
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 12-06-07 at 01:17 PM.
    12-06-07 01:15 PM
    lol, I just got my Curve last night, and I think I am adjusting to it very well with hardly any problems. The only real problem I have so far is I cannot seem to figure out how to back up my phone on my computer since it wont allow me to.. gr...
    12-06-07 01:26 PM
    Maybe I'm not understanding.....I thought in another post BB video converter was the converter of choice? So what is then?
    01-23-08 06:50 PM
    I've been downloading vids @ blackberryvids.com and all the files work fine on my cpu, but when i put them on my BB the flies over 100mb won't play " ERROR PLAYING"
    Is there anything i can do?
    06-22-08 05:00 PM
    I use super to convert my vids, an episode of the sopranos is 106 Meg, the new hulk weighs in at 232 Meg.
    Bla1ze is correct, BB video converter kinda sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 12:04 AM
    Same here - Super seems to be the fastest and most reliable. The only problem I've had was that .mp4 and .avi containers seemed to get corrupted somehow on long videos and the Curve won't read them (works fine on short ones). Never could figure that out, so I finally just went with .3gp containers, 320x144 24fps and 144kbps video data rate. With those settings, it's anywhere from 2MB/minute to 2.6MB/min.
    06-24-08 07:55 AM
    What codec are you guys using when you export? I'm trying to make .avi movies to save on space, but when I do, I get "An error occured attempting to play media." with the "error playing" in the upper right. mp4's work fine, but I can't get an avi to work for the life of me. Right now I'm trying to get my movies smaller than 200 mb.
    06-26-08 02:33 PM
    I've been using MPEG-4 codec in a .3gp file container.
    06-27-08 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD