I just received a pair of Motorola S9 Bluetooth headphones for Christmas. The audio has been skipping when I use them with my Curve 8330. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem, and if so what was the solution.
    01-02-10 09:07 AM
    If you mean the sound stops and then starts, yes, it is a common problem although generally most likely OUTSIDE. They appear to be very sensitive to the location of the BB. Mine seem to work fine indoors but if I go outdoors, the BB needs to be located closer to the S9's and not blocked by the body. I found that located in the top flap of a small backpack works. They can work in a fanny pack but I have to move the fanny pack around to get the signal to hold. I've used them successfully in a jeans pocket but flip or twist the bb until it works.

There are some threads on this in a few places like this subforum and the bluetooth subforum.

People tend to like them but they can be finicky. I really like mine at the gym where they work in the fanny pack - but that's indoors.
    01-02-10 09:58 AM
    I've only used them outside and I use a Seidio Innocase Holster to hold my BB. I guess I'll have to figure out how best to position my BB or get an armband or something. Thanks for the help!
    01-02-10 01:59 PM
    When I carried my Curve on my hip, it worked best if I moved it to my back.

My Pearl works best when it in a shirt pocket, but there will still be the occasional drop out. I usually just affects music when I moving. When I an talking, I usually pause and never get a drop out.
    01-02-10 03:25 PM
    Since posting this morning, I took a four mile walk with my S9 and TOUR. My fleece jacket has two waist-level pockets. I was getting the breakup if I turned my head. Moved from pocket to pocket and turned the tour front to back, upsidedown, etc. It would breakup depending on which way I turned my head or if my hands intervened. The jacket also has a breast pocket (probably close to what Reed refers a shirt pocket) - it worked flawlessly after moving it there after the first two blocks of the walk.

I would need to also see where the bluetooth antenna is in the Tour as I'm curious about its orientation.
    01-02-10 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD