I will start off by saying I hate earbuds! Uncomfortable. Fall out. And I don't like wires hanging all over just waiting to catch on something and yank my beloved Storm into the gutter. Just, say, No.

So I bought a Motorola ROKR S305 "over the ear" Bluetooth stereo headset.

One word ... FAN-DAMNED-TASTIC!

They are very light weight. They do not go over the top of your head, instead the headpiece rests on the back of your neck and each "headphone piece" hooks over each ear comfortably. No tight squeezing on your head. Very comfortable to wear for long periods. To wear them lying down you just rock the headpiece upward a bit. They mute outside noise quite a bit but they do sit ON the ear (they are not "cans" type headphones that shut out the world).

The sound is superb no matter what the input source. Music is clean, undistorted, rich bass, crisp highs, full-range and they can be CRANKED LOUD. My Storm's volume control works while these are on rather than being overridden which means I can crank up the Storm's volume and then crank up the headphones' volume and really rock out.

Mini-USB charger included gives a full charge from low-battery in 2-3 hours and will last for about 8 hours between charges. The headset does NOT work while charging.

Paired up to my BB Storm instantly, no problems. Excellent for phone conversations which is rare for this type headset, the mike is well-placed and high quality. Very natural sound during conversations both listening and talking. I have a friend at work who is a gadget geek AND a fussbudget with a bottomless wallet and when he saw ther S305's he immediately had to tell me he'd tried every headset like this and they all sucked for phone use. So I planted them on his head and called my phone from my desk and he was impressed by the sound but then came the kicker, "yeah, well they sound ok but how does MY voice sound?" Test 2, headset goes on my head, he calls me from his desk, we talk for a minute, he says "niiiiice sound man", leaves for lunch and comes back with 2 sets of S305's ... LOL ... one for him, one for his girlfriend.

The right earpiece has all the controls, On/Off button that chimes to let you know if you have activated or shutdown the headset. Volume Up/Down rocker type control. Then on the round, flat back of the earpiece itself are 4 Compass-point layout touchpoints that can be used to Start Voice Dialing, answer a Call or end a Call. During music or video playback you can Play, Pause, FastForward (or Skip Ahead) and Rewind (or Go Back).

They sell for $60 at the Verizon Store and with my IBM employee discount they were $46 and change with tax. They sell for about that price on Amazon.

I also have my LG HBM-760 Bluetooth jawbone-type unit for hands-free use in the car and I'm quite happy with it for what I need that to do. But it has nowhere near the entertainment capability of the Motorola S305.

If you are like me and enjoy the freedom of Bluetooth, high quality sound reproduction and have been looking for what may possibly be the loudest set of headphones you can get for your BlackBerry then you owe it to yourself to give these a shot.
    07-01-09 11:50 PM
    I was actually really curious about this. Have you had the chance to maybe run with it? I would love to be able to use it while I'm running, I hate having a cord hitting me, however light it may be...

I can't wait until they come out with a product like this that I can use with my iPod...
    07-04-09 01:01 AM
    When using these headphones for calls, does the audio comes to both earpieces or just one?

I used the older model (I believe it was the HT820) and that routed call audio to both ears but was disappointed when the S9 headset I was given at work only routed that audio to one ear.
    07-15-09 01:38 AM
    I had no problems running on a treadmill with these. If you look at a pic of the design the earpieces sit on your ear but they loop around the ear as well to keep them in position and the headset-mount rests on the back of your neck so you can easily wear a sweatband if you like.

Yes, phone call audio is heard through both speakers.
    07-16-09 10:00 PM
    I upgraded in the blind and, as it turned out, vain hope that it would give me audio to go with my video (I'm on a Curve 8310). Oh well. At least the sound is decent & I like the placement & intuitive simplicity of even the 'less obvious' functions.
    08-29-09 05:24 PM
    Yeah I like Motorokr S305, works like charm to my 8900 and P1i.
    Last edited by mubarik; 09-03-09 at 05:56 PM.
    09-01-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD