I just got Mobiola Video Studio Pro Edition on ShopCrackBerry. It is awesome. I just converted a 2 hour DVD to a 0.8GB 3gp format using the "High" quality setting. It took less than 30 minutes. Mobiola will convert DVD, YouTube and iTunes videos. Although all my iTunes videos have DRM protection, therefore I have been unable to convert these movies. This software can be used with a multitude of BB, and other smartphones. It is a little pricey since you have to install the basic version and purchase a Pro upgrade license. To me, it is definitely worth it and will probably mean fewer movies downloaded to my iPod Classic.
    07-25-09 08:33 PM
    Can I use DM to convert the 3gp file format to mp4 so that I can watch on my iPod Classic?
    07-25-09 08:44 PM
    After working with Mobiola for a while, I have found the following:

1) The 3gp file format size < mpeg4 file format size.
    2) 3gp file conversion from DVD <<< mpeg4 conversion time.
    3) This software has customized setting for numerous portable electronic devices taking the guesswork out of the equation.
    4) DVD and other video formats can be converted to smartphones and iPods.
    5) Converted files can be burned to DVD/CD very easily.
    07-26-09 09:21 PM
    ....Mobiola will convert DVD, YouTube and iTunes videos....
    On the YouTube video, does Mobiola connect and download directly from YouTube or you have to get the video first and then convert?
    07-27-09 05:32 PM
    I am not certain but will try and let you know.
    07-27-09 06:14 PM
    I have mainly been converting movies since my son and I take our phones and iPods on trips. I am hoping that it will mean fewer portables to carry. In all the fun, I stopped and thought about copyright laws. As long as I do this for private use, there should be no issue. Correct?
    07-27-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD