I noticed that I don't have the option to select a tone for facebook notification, it's just not there under "Other Applications" or anywhere in the "Edit Profile" menu. Anyone seen this before with .424?

OS v6.0.0.424
    Facebook v1.9.0.23

01-11-11 01:42 PM
    Yes, numerous posts about it in the last few weeks since the leaks came out along with questions about lack of FB notifications on ALL OS's. Probably haven't had any of those, either, right? You can get it back with a few steps. This is from a fellow poster a few weeks ago:

"Log out of the FB app on your BB.
    Delete the FB app from your BB.
    Log on to facebook website. go to Account>Privacy Settings>Edit your settings (bottom left side)> Applications you use: Edit Settings.

Remove "Facebook for Blackberry Smartphones".
    Reinstall the FB app on your BB.

When setting up FB, read the notification questions carefully. You can wind up with THREE different notifications for the same thing- email, sms and the normal FB notice.
    01-11-11 02:15 PM
    Thanks for the tip rgorman!
    This did resolve the issue, although, reinstalling the app was a bit tricky. When I went to app world to install it, I did not have the option to install. And when I went to the facebook site, I had to click the link in the image below to install it. In the end, it did install, but not the version I had before. It downloaded and installed v 1.9.0.20.
    Here's the link to install without app world, it's at the bottom of the page:
    01-11-11 03:13 PM
    When I uninstalled FB to correct this, I still had the FB Icon due to the service book/ATT thing. When I clicked on it, that took me to the FB for BB install page, and went on from there. And as you can guess by that last line, I was getting pinged, gonged and sonar'd every time a notice came in. Uninstall, then read the notification options VERY CAREFULLY, and finally only got the regular FB notice to pop through. Glad it worked for you, albeit with a bit of a hitch. Don't worry, it will likely happen again, so bookmark this one.
    01-11-11 03:22 PM
    I have it. Reinstall it and see what happens... ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 07:36 PM
    I have the notification, sound and all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 01:52 AM

On mine.
    01-12-11 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD