(originally posted on HowardForums)

Hello all.

I received my Seidio Rubberized Hard Case on Monday and have been pretty happy with it thus far. It is this model in black: http://www.seidioonline.com/index.a...ROD&ProdID=1003

The case came in a standard, small, light box and after opening it up I was presented with a very simple looking set of instructions - 3 steps. It was straight forward and easy to put on, taking about 7 seconds or so to put on for the first time. It just snaps right into place with no hassles. It has a nice feeling of security in that it will not come apart randomly, and probably not after a decent drop, either. The rubberized hard plastic feels buttery smooth to the touch, with just the right amount of grip to still feel secure in your hand.

The only area that Seidio could have done better is with the openings around buttoms - they are nice and functional, yes, but the edges around the openings are a bit rough and I feel this could have been something that should have been addressed pre-production. It is not a factory defect, just the way it was designed.

Overall I would rate the case a 9/10, as it is a joy to use, looks pretty nice, and I believe it will protect my phone for a good long while.

Some pics for your perusal...

Bar across the bottom of the screen:

Left side of phone:

Left side again:

Top and back of phone:
    06-08-08 11:07 PM
    Additional pics:

Thickness of bar across the bottom of the screen:

Some "studio" shots:

06-08-08 11:08 PM
    06-08-08 11:08 PM
    Looks nice. I'd really like to get one but I have my BB in a hip holster so it wont fit in there with this case on it and I wouldnt like having it in my pocket, either.
    06-08-08 11:10 PM
    Same here. If I have to hold it or put it in my pocket, not for me. But lord it looks nice.
    06-08-08 11:19 PM
    you can get the holster that goes with the case. its got the sleeper magnet too! really nice! thats what i'm using, i've been very pleased.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/sei...se-pics-39620/
    heres a link to my thread with the pics of the holster as well.
    06-08-08 11:20 PM
    very well taken pics btw!
    06-08-08 11:22 PM
    I have the same case and you're the second person I've heard complain about the cutouts around the side buttons being rough. I wonder if I just lucked out and got a smooth all around case?

Everyone who picks up my phones asks if it's leather or suede. The can't believe its plastic. I also got the holster, didn't know because Seidio doesn't state it on their site, it does have the sleeper magnet.
    06-08-08 11:22 PM
    you can get the holster that goes with the case. its got the sleeper magnet too! really nice! thats what i'm using, i've been very pleased.
    Oooh, well that changes everything. I gotta go look at that, like RIGHT NOW!!
    06-08-08 11:25 PM
    Oooh, well that changes everything. I gotta go look at that, like RIGHT NOW!!

lol run do not walk!
    06-08-08 11:26 PM
    I have the same case and you're the second person I've heard complain about the cutouts around the side buttons being rough. I wonder if I just lucked out and got a smooth all around case?

Everyone who picks up my phones asks if it's leather or suede. The can't believe its plastic. I also got the holster, didn't know because Seidio doesn't state it on their site, it does have the sleeper magnet.
    Well, don't get me wrong - the case is smooth on 95% if its surface - the cutouts are slightly rough, but it's really a small complaint.
    06-08-08 11:35 PM
    very well taken pics btw!
    Thanks.
    06-08-08 11:36 PM
    lol run do not walk!
    Ordered. And now anxiously waiting.
    06-08-08 11:37 PM
    Same, I can't wait to get mine!
    06-08-08 11:43 PM
    I love this case as well as far as how it looks and feels, HOWEVER, I purchased the same version for my Boss's Pearl, one for my Treo 755p, and now one for the boss's curve (he just switched and Im getting a curve this week). Anyways, the bad thing about this case is if any grit or anything gets in between the case and the phone, can you say scratch city? My treo was mint when I put it in and a week later I took it off only to find the silver area around the screen was all scratched up. Same with the pearl. Got the boss another one though, because he will do worse to the curve then it not having one at all. Any ways, has anyone else experienced this? I sent Seidio a letter regarding this and told them that maybe felt around the screen area would help, maybe act as a seal? Anyways, just thought I'd let ya'll know my experience.
    06-09-08 12:08 AM
    Well, don't get me wrong - the case is smooth on 95% if its surface - the cutouts are slightly rough, but it's really a small complaint.
    I understand completely, I was just surprised to hear a 2nd person make the same claim. I have to say of the hundreds of cases I've had over the years this is by far the best of the best.

Now if I could only find a BT headset that I can say the same about.
    06-09-08 12:21 AM
    I love this case as well as far as how it looks and feels, HOWEVER, I purchased the same version for my Boss's Pearl, one for my Treo 755p, and now one for the boss's curve (he just switched and Im getting a curve this week). Anyways, the bad thing about this case is if any grit or anything gets in between the case and the phone, can you say scratch city? My treo was mint when I put it in and a week later I took it off only to find the silver area around the screen was all scratched up. Same with the pearl. Got the boss another one though, because he will do worse to the curve then it not having one at all. Any ways, has anyone else experienced this? I sent Seidio a letter regarding this and told them that maybe felt around the screen area would help, maybe act as a seal? Anyways, just thought I'd let ya'll know my experience.
    I have mine on for 2-3 weeks now and haven't noticed any marring or scratching, although when I took it apart the other day to show a friend how easy it is to take off and put on I did notice some lint behind the berry. I'll have to keep an eye out for this issue or maybe just put the Seidio Rubberized battery door on.
    06-09-08 12:23 AM
    I have mine on for 2-3 weeks now and haven't noticed any marring or scratching, although when I took it apart the other day to show a friend how easy it is to take off and put on I did notice some lint behind the berry. I'll have to keep an eye out for this issue or maybe just put the Seidio Rubberized battery door on.
    Yeah, I don't think this is an issue because the case does not move at all, and the phone does not move inside the case.
    06-09-08 11:08 AM
    Looks nice. I'd really like to get one but I have my BB in a hip holster so it wont fit in there with this case on it and I wouldnt like having it in my pocket, either.
    I have the Hardcase pictured above as well as the holster that you can purchase for it and the combo is great!!!
    06-09-08 12:23 PM
    I had the case for my Treo and it broke on me pretty easily. As far as dust and everything like that.. I had the case for many months, but in that time, I would take the case apart now and again to clean out the dust. Also, 80% of the time the phone is in a pouch so it's not like it's moving around in my pocket collecting lint.
    06-09-08 12:38 PM
    you wont regret it! i think i'm going to get the rubberized battery cover next. the sound was always kinda muffled with no vents for the speaker except up top, but with the rubberized battery cover, its got the slots for the gsm versions of the curve. the openeing i've got on the back of the case will line up perfectly and the sound should be great!
    06-09-08 12:58 PM
    I have had this case for around two weeks and so far I really like it. I ordered the blue case and holster combo and it looks alot better than the Verizon silver IMO. I havent noticed any scratching yet, but I take it off a couple of times a week and clean the inside of the case and wipe the phone off.
    06-09-08 01:18 PM
    Everyone who has this case - in your opinion, would the BB Curve - with the case attached - fit in a leather side holster I used to carry my Treo in? Obviously the Treo is a bit thicker, and the leather has stretched out a bit. If I can combine the protection without having to buy an additional holster, I'm on this like flies on a rib roast.

eggman
    06-09-08 01:47 PM
    Not really into having the extra "bulk" on my phone, but I had to say these pics are REALLY nice!
    06-09-08 01:58 PM
    Everyone who has this case - in your opinion, would the BB Curve - with the case attached - fit in a leather side holster I used to carry my Treo in? Obviously the Treo is a bit thicker, and the leather has stretched out a bit. If I can combine the protection without having to buy an additional holster, I'm on this like flies on a rib roast.

eggman

it should. i was using the leather holder for my bb while at work and with the case on it fit fine.
    06-09-08 10:22 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD