Hi,
    I did a batry pull for my bb 9700 this morning and upon the phone restarting it asked me to format my memory card, having asked a friend, she avised me to cancel the request.
    Ive tried the memory card in my sisters bb and the same msg comes up so jus wondering if theres any way i could recover what was on it. Preferably the pictures if nothing else.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Adam
    08-28-10 03:34 PM
    you can try to put the memory card on a computer and see if their is in fact anything on the card and if there is then copy to your computer and then put the card back in the BB and format it
    08-28-10 04:27 PM
    Is that my only option atm? Its because I don't have a memory card reader so will need to sort that tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 04:51 PM
    If your card is readable on your sister's BlackBerry, you can connect her BB to the computer and enable Mass Storage Mode. If your sister's BB asks to format the card, then cancel it immediately and try to get a hold of a card reader.

If your sister's BB doesn't ask to format the card, then you should then be able to access the contents of your card on the computer and you can then back everything up to your hard drive. Then you can put your card back into your own BB and format it without losing anything.
    08-28-10 06:17 PM
    Even if the card does not show anything of use, there are computer utilities that can sometimes recover data from a card anyway. But try the card reader method first. By the way, I know Verizon sells a little, tiny keychain type reader that plugs into a usb port or cable that. About the size of the first digit of a thumb.
    08-28-10 07:20 PM
    Thank you very much for your replies!!
    it also asks me to format when i use it in my sisters phone which is why ive got a little hope i might be able to get something from it.
    Ill have a look on verizon right now..thanks again , really appreciate it!
    08-28-10 09:15 PM
    Thank you very much for your replies!!
    it also asks me to format when i use it in my sisters phone which is why ive got a little hope i might be able to get something from it.
    Ill have a look on verizon right now..thanks again , really appreciate it!
    WHOOPS, just re-read the OP and realized that you already tried the card in your sister's BB...stupid me . Yeah, your best bet is to find a microSD card reader and see if you can access it. If not, there are a lot of programs on the 'net that'll allow you to read off the card. Make sure you don't write anything to it so that you don't risk losing anything. Good luck!
    08-28-10 11:12 PM
    Just go to a computer store -- they will have several flavors of card readers for sale.
    08-30-10 11:03 AM
    I was trying to transfer a video to another computer and I think a problem was encountered because the pc failed to fully recognize my bb. I rebooted my bb, the pc, still the same. When I opened the drive, there were no folders. When I disconnected the bb, all files stored in my sd were gone. Anyone encountered that before? Should I format the sd? Repair maybe?

09-02-10 01:37 PM
    I was trying to transfer a video to another computer and I think a problem was encountered because the pc failed to fully recognize my bb. I rebooted my bb, the pc, still the same. When I opened the drive, there were no folders. When I disconnected the bb, all files stored in my sd were gone. Anyone encountered that before? Should I format the sd? Repair maybe?

Don't format or repair yet...there are a lot of programs that can allow you to recover what's on the card. Pandora Recovery is one. Not sure if that's the best one, so do a bit of research.
    09-02-10 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD