Hey guys, i just started a new company and I'm producing Real carbon fiber cases for diff types of phones and its time to dig into the bb market. This is purely market research so admins if this is crossing the advertising line please let me know (i wont put my company name up or accept orders until we talk about advertising).

Here are pics of the tmobile G1 Case I produce and the iphone is in the works. Also the new itouch and other various phones are in process. The price is $60 per case and each one is handmade. (Those who have make parts out of real cf understand the labor involved.

These are still wet but it shows the example of all the colors.

I do offer other colors as well.

Red/blue/black/yellow/orange for now. Pink and white will be available very soon.
    01-05-10 06:38 PM
    CF is a ***** to deal with. I applaud your efforts and would give an S2 case a shot by all means. Only qualifier for me personally: I'm using Seidio's 2600mAh batt, which comes with a custom door to allow for the larger battery size. Finding a skin for it is next to impossible (Innocase 360 and Innocase II don't fit.) In any event the exact specs on the "bulge" created by the custom door are available from Seidio. If you're doing custom work I'd be interested, if you can build in accordance with those specs.

Welcome to BlackBerry!
    01-05-10 06:42 PM
    Most likely for the custom door type phone cases I would see the market for it. Unfortunatly making one case is time consuming as you know. But if you can find at least 10 people to buy one then I'd gladly have the mold made and go that route.

also i build the cases straight from the factory case so its 100% guarantee fit.
    Last edited by silentalero; 01-05-10 at 06:56 PM.
    01-05-10 06:53 PM
    I would totally buy one. Do you use 1x1 or 1x2 weave CF? It would be cool to have a the weave match my car and my money clip (1x1) haha
    01-05-10 07:36 PM
    2x2 twill, much better than the 1x2

most car weaves are 2x2 also, because i make a lot of dash kits for people to.
    01-05-10 07:44 PM
    Hm well I'd still be interested in one. It'll be cool to have a CF case haha.
    01-05-10 07:46 PM
    cool, well those phones you see are 2x2.
    01-05-10 07:51 PM
    Yeah I figured. They look good
    01-05-10 07:54 PM
    cool, well those phones you see are 2x2.
    Your products looks amazing! I don't have any of those devices but would definitely be interested in purchasing a case when I have a compatible device!!!
    01-06-10 07:59 AM
    I would love a CF case, any idea on price?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 08:42 AM
    They look great and I know carbon fiber is difficult to work with but $60 is a lot for a cell phone case.
    01-06-10 10:58 AM
    those look amazing. if you made one for the 9700 id be interested...id like to see how it would fit first though. dropping $60 bucks on a phone case is pretty ridiculous....but if it looks good/fits good then i think this one could be worth it.
    01-06-10 11:44 AM
    They look great and I know carbon fiber is difficult to work with but $60 is a lot for a cell phone case.
    60 bucks?.......YIKES!
    01-06-10 11:56 AM
    nice looking and quality case if they are real carbon fiber. But I personally won't go there and it's way too pricy for a cell phone.
    remember this, in today's market, most of cell phones won't even last more than 3 years. Either they are broken or retired before they reach 3 year life span.
    so your $60 case is really a big burden.
    01-06-10 12:02 PM
    I do offer other colors as well.

Red/blue/black/yellow/orange for now. Pink and white will be available very soon.
    a suggestion: in today's market, high-end good quality stuff usually won't fly. you need to learn walmart's marketing strategy.
    from my point of view, 99% of goods sold in walmart are piece of $hit, but walmart is still making big money.

let's say a blackberry is worth $500, your case is 12% value of the phone. But it's just a cell phone, like a pair of shoes to a man. if you have a pair of shoes for $500, would you buy a shoe brush for $60? I would rather go to dollar mart
    01-06-10 12:06 PM
    Thanks for the responses guys. Seeing as the price is the only real issue that is something im toying with. At the same time my cost to make these is gonna be the difference between some cheap cf looking case and an authentic cf case. Keep the suggestions and comments coming though.
    01-08-10 04:31 PM
    When are these going to be avail?? I am def interested in a Storm2 one. I'd paypal right now if you had it made already lol
    01-08-10 06:13 PM
    Well, my official company is starting next week. I will keep you guys updated because before I even post anything about selling these on here I want to talk to the proper people about advertising.
    01-08-10 06:46 PM
    Very cool, cannot wait to see some finished products on the phones!
    01-09-10 05:06 PM
    I am def interested for my 9700. Keep us updated.
    01-09-10 05:15 PM
    personal opinion:

I wouldn't buy one of these, because they are a case (to fit over the current phone). I'm just curious, if you started making actual housings would the market be more interested? I know lots of people on here swap housings for different colored ones (aka colorware, among others)

just something to think about - unless of course these are actual housings and I'm just sniffing glue... in which case, nevermind :P
    01-09-10 07:23 PM
    The actual case replacement is something I've already discussed with my distributor, we are toying with the idea but its all going to come down to the tabs. Since these are a resin based case I need to make sure its a quality part before I'd ever release it. But it could be a reality very soon.
    01-11-10 03:59 PM
    have you started on any other cases yet? im really looking forward to seeing what the 9700 case (if made) would look like.
    01-11-10 04:29 PM
    Right now its the iphone and g1, the blackberries are going to be the next phones i do make. Probably a month or so out (i need to have my sales reps see what the demand is for the phones)
    01-11-10 06:33 PM
    Just popped back to see what the input was looking like. Looks generally positive, which makes me happy =)

Anyone else with an S2, Seidio 2600mAh + door interested in teaming up to make the mold and per unit cost affordable?
    01-11-10 06:45 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD