Anyone know of a good application that will allow me to edit my own music and set it as a ringtone all from the device? Similar to the Centro's Ptunes?
    10-13-08 02:44 PM
    Roxio Media Manager, an optional component of BlackBerry Desktop Manger will let you edit a MP3 and extract a suitable ringtone.
    10-13-08 02:48 PM
    I use one I got from right here at crackberry...it's called mini ringtone. works great and your ringtones are as endless as your music supply. Don't remember what I paid for it but well worth it considering before blacberry I was paying $1.99 apeice for them.
    10-13-08 02:49 PM
    I'm pretty sure there are some apps online that do this. . . .

Lemme have a look around. . .
    10-13-08 02:49 PM
    Reed... I know this may be getting off of the subject and I apologize for this, but my roxio media manager doesn't recognize my phone even though Desktop Mngr does. Any suggestions
    10-13-08 02:52 PM
    Roxio Media Manager, an optional component of BlackBerry Desktop Manger will let you edit a MP3 and extract a suitable ringtone.
    Sweet - I need to check that out!
    10-13-08 02:55 PM
    Reed, is this in DM 4.6? I just downloaded it, but haven't looked through it much yet..
    10-13-08 02:55 PM
    Sorry, I have not run into that problem while using Roxio.

Have you tried upgrading to the latest version of DTM with Roxio?

Reed, is this in DM 4.6? I just downloaded it, but haven't looked through it much yet..
    There are several version of DTM, some do contain Roxio, others do not. It does specify in the download package if Roxio is included.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-13-08 at 02:59 PM.
    10-13-08 02:56 PM
    yes upgraded to 4.6 still same issue
    10-13-08 02:57 PM
    I meant is this new inside Roxio? I never saw it in the old DM I had, but have not looked through the new one.
    10-13-08 03:03 PM
    It has been a while since I have used Roxio, I have a new download in progress to re-evaluate the program. It has been a optional component since DTM v4.3.

Use Windows Control Panel / Programs. Select the DTM package and choose the Change option. If it is available, you can select the package to install. If it is not there, you can download the latest version at:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    10-13-08 03:11 PM
    I use Goldwave to edit the sounds, then the standard Blackberry desktop software to load it to my Bold.

Works OK for me.
    10-13-08 03:37 PM
    I have used both WavePad and Audacity, both are free downloads with no limitations of use (fully functional).

Search for WavePad on Google, Audacity is available at Download.com
    10-14-08 04:22 AM
    I have installed Roxio Media Manager and it is up to it's old tricks.

When you start Roxio, it runs the CPU at 100% for hours. Just how many hours is still unknown, I gave up after 4 hours of not being able to use my computer.

I will do more testing when I am off line.
    10-14-08 10:25 AM
    Reed, I have long abandoned Roxio. Pesonally I think that the implementation of Roxio within Desktop Manager is truly horrible.

I have had a case that when I uninstalled Desktop Manager with media manager, Roxio was still there.

I find that it slows down my PC because it runs a task even when Desktop Manager is not running.

Of course this is my opinion alone and also my observations. Other may have had a better experience.

I now use Audacity: Download and
    Audacity: How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder? for the mp3 export.

Both downloads are free to use and they work very well.

I encode ringtones at 96kbps which is low quality but saves space with a ringtone. I also limit the song to 30 secs or so but definitely to less than 1Mb.
    10-14-08 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD