The question is: do you have to have an OEM RIM case with a magnetic closure to put the Storm in standby mode or will any magnetic close case work?

I have a Naztech horizontal pouch. It has a magnetic clip and I always face the Storm with the back facing the magnet. So is it going into standby mode?
    01-25-09 07:41 PM
    Yes any magnetic case will work. Easiest way to see if its in standby would be put it in with the screen lit up and take it out and see if the screen is locked
    01-25-09 07:44 PM
    That's what I thought.
    01-25-09 07:45 PM
    Not all magnetic cases work. I previously had an OEM BB case that advertised the sleeper magnet capability, but unfortunately the case had two sets of magnets (four) that straddled the Storm's sensor and did not trigger standby. I returned that case immediately and went with a Seidio holster, which works great.

Make sure the magnet is close to the center of the Storm (either front or back works).
    01-25-09 07:50 PM
    Not all magnetic cases work. I previously had an OEM BB case that advertised the sleeper magnet capability, but unfortunately the case had two sets of magnets (four) that straddled the Storm's sensor and did not trigger standby. I returned that case immediately and went with a Seidio holster, which works great.

Make sure the magnet is close to the center of the Storm (either front or back works).

How can you tell if it works?
    01-25-09 08:51 PM
    How can you tell if it works?
    Come again? Unless I misread your question... it works if the case puts the Storm to standby. If you put the Storm in the case and it doesn't go to standby, then you know the case doesn't work. You can visually tell when you see the screen quickly turn off.
    01-25-09 09:18 PM
    Come again? Unless I misread your question... it works if the case puts the Storm to standby. If you put the Storm in the case and it doesn't go to standby, then you know the case doesn't work. You can visually tell when you see the screen quickly turn off.
    Is there a way to keep it ringing when in the case? When I am at home I keep it on counter and I would like to hear it. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 03:21 PM
    Is there a way to keep it ringing when in the case? When I am at home I keep it on counter and I would like to hear it. Thanks

It does ring while in the case.

I have an OEM holster with sleeper magnet, works great. In love with the dang thing. I reviewed it on the forums, actually.
    02-10-09 03:24 PM
    Where can one get their hands on one of these OEM sleeper holsters for the storm!?!

02-10-09 03:44 PM

you need to set your sound profile to ring while in and out of holster...
    02-10-09 03:48 PM
    I bought my leather holster with sleep magnet from VZW

02-10-09 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD