Usually my signal indicator (CDMA Verizon Curve) says 1xEV. Today for the first time ever it says 1xev with lower case ev. (Not EDGE vs edge, but EV.)

Does this have any significance for a non-wifi CDMA device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 10:35 AM
    Followup: Called VZW Tech Support, who just said it has to do with the signal but could offer no additional info. I was not in any new places yesterday and in my office we have a repeater so we have max signal everywhere in the building, even 3 stories below ground in the parking garage.

From other threads on CB I gather that 1XEV is 3G, 1xev is not 3G. No change in service was evident.

Out of curiosity I did the good old battery pull and it came back in all capital letters. Mystery unresolved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 02-12-09 at 07:49 AM.
    02-12-09 07:30 AM
    It is just like EDGE vs edge on GSM networks. 1XEV means 3G with data working, 1xev means 3G but data is not working/connected. When you lose 3G it will just show 1x
    02-12-09 07:51 AM
    02-12-09 09:02 AM
    My new Curve 8330 got stuck in 1x all day yesterday. No matter what I did, I could not get out of it. Being new to BB's I forgot about battery pulls until that evening.

Did the battery pull and I was back to full date services and 1XEV or 1X.

Lesson learned, LOL
    02-12-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD