Does anyone know which brand to get? The stock ones that the verizon store sells are too thick, IMO, and cause a bulky feel to the phone... Can anyone help me?
    11-23-09 06:22 PM
    Does anyone know which brand to get? The stock ones that the verizon store sells are too thick, IMO, and cause a bulky feel to the phone... Can anyone help me?
    You are not going to find a silicone case much if any thinner than those. You probably need to look at some sort of skin setup, I recommend phantom skinz.
    11-23-09 06:23 PM
    Wait until Inicpio releases one, they are one of the thinnest one.
    11-23-09 06:24 PM
    Well I had a silicone case for my storm 1 that was far thinner than what verizon was selling, but that phone is long gone, and I forgot who manufactured that case...
    11-23-09 07:27 PM
    Wait until Inicpio releases one, they are one of the thinnest one.
    +1 that's the best case on the market.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 07:37 PM
    +1 that's the best case on the market.

I had the first production versions but they crack easily. I e-mailed them to see if there were changes so I can buy a new one. They responded by "Can we have pics" so I sent them pics and they responded by saying "We changed the material we made them with, just wait and we will send you one when we have them back in stock" They sent me 2 of them for free since 2 out of the 3 cracked. I wasn't expecting that. The black and red one cracked but the white one was fine. Still actually have the white one but it's dirty as **** so I threw it out.

But I can't wait for the S2 versions.
    11-23-09 07:50 PM
    I had the same one from Verizon and I thought it was thick also. So I picked up a genuine blackberry one from best buy and its much thinner and its texture is smooth so in my opinion its a much thinner and better case. I like it a lot. My wife has one of those Verizon semi hard silicon skins in purple on her phone and that skin is awesome. Fits real tight and is just right. Too bad they don't make it in a normal color though.

11-23-09 09:05 PM
    Just wait for the Innocase for the S2 from Seido Im sure they will be releasing one soon like they did for the S1.
    11-24-09 12:01 AM
    I have one of the silicone cases from VZW, and it is thick, but my biggest problem is that it grabs my pockets.. I dont like grippy materials. I want something that slides in and out of my pocket easily, not something I have to fight with to get the phone out to answer a call..
    11-24-09 12:33 AM
    I have the incipio knockoff verizon was selling and it is very nice. it is less than a mm thick. I have the red one but they have red and blue. Does the job. It does look really nice and the red looks way better in person than in the pic. It is very thin and slides in and out of pockets or cases very easily.
    here is the red

here is the blue
    11-24-09 12:44 AM
    I'll see what I can find at best buy lol
    11-24-09 02:20 PM
    I had one of the silicone cases and it was thin but it offered no protection.

Don't see how something that thin can feel bulky.

My otterbox is thicker and still doesn't feel bulky.

Suppose it personal choice.

11-24-09 02:25 PM
    I don't know... Those silcone cases that Verizon was selling added at least 30% thickness to the phone... TOO BULKY...
    11-24-09 02:28 PM
    Getting an Otterbox here
    11-24-09 02:42 PM
    Otterbox is better than the thin silicone cases.

Too much dirt gets between the phone and the case, which leads to pit marks and scratches.
    11-24-09 02:53 PM
    Get a rubber

11-24-09 04:47 PM
    the thinner you get the less protection you'll have, same goes for silicone cases for our storms ;-)
    11-25-09 09:17 AM
    Ok, so I just bought an Authentic blackberry silicone case for my storm 2, and let me just say that it is quite a bit thinner than the silicone cases sold by the Verizon stores. I am very satisfied with it. It does not feel bulky at all, unlike the units being sold by Verizon. Picked it up at Best buy.

11-28-09 03:26 PM
    The thinest silicone I have seen and had one for my Storm1 was the Incipio
    DermaShot case. Was a really nice case but I like the Otterbox Commuter because it covers the whole phone. It isn't very bulky either. Also, the best price I found was right here in the Crackberry Store.
    11-28-09 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD