Hey all, I am new to this and I am looking for a good case and holster. I dont like to have the storm in my pocket, because it is so big and i am scared it will get all scratched to ****. Also, I do alot of outside work and ride my motorcycle. I see people saying dust is getting under their screen. what happens to it if so? I need some advice. thanks.
    03-09-09 07:42 AM
    I've heard good things about the Innocase from Seidioonline.

Can't post a link because of my post counts, but you can easily do a search for Innocase on here.

Not sure about the dust thing though.
    03-09-09 08:12 AM
    OtterBox, mine is great.
    03-09-09 08:53 AM
    I prefer the Incipio Silicon Case / Hard Case combo. Check my signature for the link.
    03-09-09 08:57 AM
    innocase II is the one I got. Got it like 2 weeks ago. Works great. Had the original rubber skin from verizon, sucked majorly. Felt like it would come off any minute. Innocase II is a hard shell case something I didnt know at first, and fits great. Look around and you'll find a bunch of reviews on it. I'm also thinking of getting the belt clip for it cause all other clips I've heard dont hold it in right and it may fall out.
    03-09-09 08:58 AM
    I ride too, and I settled on the Innocase I case and holster combo, (cheaper to buy the combo). This case does seem to protect the phone well and doesn't add too much bulk IMO. The holster is well made and has a swivel so you can carry either horizontal or vertical. When I'm riding my bike I make sure it is held in the vertical mode for fear of loosing it.
    03-09-09 09:00 AM
    i bought a leather holster (genuine blackberry) from daydeals (ebay) for like $15. its great... fitment is right on and the magnet is strong
    03-09-09 09:01 AM
    I bought the leather holster sold at the VzW store. It is made by BlackBerry and has the built-in magnet to put the phone to sleep when it is inside. It has a belt clip and can be rotated 360 degree. I started off in horizontal position. But then I have found that when I pulled the phone out to answer calls, the phone has to change from landscape mode to portrait mode and it slowed down my ability to answer the call. I changed back to vertical position and I no longer has any problem.

This leather holster is well-made. The leather is thick enough that if I drop it accidentally, it should provide enough cushion for the phone. Also, the holster is slim. I do not like bulky holster. The sales price is about $25. I got a discount and paid only $20. I recommend this holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 09:01 AM
    I am determinded between the Otterbox and the Innoase holster combo. I would like to see more reviews on the Otterbox or hear from more people. The reason I am hesitant toward the Innocase, is I do a lot of outside work, mowing etc. in the summer and I am afraid of junking getting to the phone and or under the screen. Same for when I am riding. But how secure is the phone when in the Otterbox holster?
    03-09-09 09:29 AM
    After much experimenting, I have found the perfect solution for carrying my storm. I am using Seidio's Innocase (hard case) with a leather holster designed for Curve World-Edition. It works perfectly and holster's magnet works great with the Storm. I thought about the Otterbox but it appears too bulky.
    03-09-09 11:49 AM
    I am determinded between the Otterbox and the Innoase holster combo. I would like to see more reviews on the Otterbox or hear from more people. The reason I am hesitant toward the Innocase, is I do a lot of outside work, mowing etc. in the summer and I am afraid of junking getting to the phone and or under the screen. Same for when I am riding. But how secure is the phone when in the Otterbox holster?
    I settled on using the OtterBox. It does add bulk to the phone, but I don't believe you can get better protection. Since getting the OtterBox, I've dropped my phone on numerous occasions. The OtterBox takes a good beating and the phone is still immaculate. As far as the holster, it hold the phone very securly. I have had the phone come out of the holster once, but I don't think I had the phone in the holster properly at the time.
    03-09-09 12:04 PM
    If you want something a bit on the cheap side, but still pretty decent, Best Buy of all places, has one for about $20. It's nothing special, but it does have a sleep magnet, and it's only $20. Considering that it's only $20, it's really pretty good.
    03-09-09 12:08 PM
    I am using the case that came with my 8830.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 12:15 PM
    I settled on using the OtterBox. It does add bulk to the phone, but I don't believe you can get better protection. Since getting the OtterBox, I've dropped my phone on numerous occasions. The OtterBox takes a good beating and the phone is still immaculate. As far as the holster, it hold the phone very securly. I have had the phone come out of the holster once, but I don't think I had the phone in the holster properly at the time.
    i bought the otterbox, and found texting with it to be difficult..especially hitting the space bar. Did you notice this at all? or is my phone mental?
    03-09-09 01:18 PM
    I too have an otterbox, and I use it from time to time. I am not a HUGE fan of the cover over the screen, but other posters are right you can't get better protection!

03-09-09 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD