Hi all had my 9900 for a week now and lovin it so far no major problems. One thing I would like to fix is the length of the ring tone. I downloaded the old os5 ringtones as I wanted to use the Classic phone ringer and I have the phome set to ring and vibrate problem is it rings maybe once and before I can get to it it stops ringing and goes to voice mail. I remember something like this happening on my old Bold 9000 and I'm sure there was a fix for it. Can anyone help I just need the phone to ring a little longer. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 05:50 AM
    I believe you can either set this on your carrier's website or call them to extend it for you. Default is 4 rings before going to vm in most cases. How many times do you have it set to vibrate, and what duration? I helped someone recently whose ringtone only played once because she had the ringer set to tone and vibrate, duration long, and vibrate 10 times!

drum likes this.
    08-30-11 06:36 AM
    Options -> Sounds and Ring Tones -> Phone Ring Tone -> Tactile alerts.
    Set Lenght and Count.
    drum likes this.
    08-30-11 09:13 AM
    Thanks for your replys. When I go to tactile alerts I dont have the option to set lenght and count its just on and off. I think I had that option on my Storm 2 but not on my 9900. I might contact o2. Thanks again

08-30-11 10:58 AM
    Just turned on custom setting for vibrate and ring and set it to short vibrate. See what that does.

08-30-11 11:09 AM
    thanks for your reply i phoned my carrier and they gave me a code so my phone rings for longer and it did the trick.cheers
    rrrebo likes this.
    08-31-11 12:47 PM
    Cheers, ducky!
    08-31-11 02:04 PM
    Your method being so simple obviously does not work . Any other ideas?
    01-18-13 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD