anyone purchased our used the case for the BB Pearl 8130 that is advertised for sale on the CB store? There seems to be another model out there that is a different model # and i can't tell what the difference is...

Anyone?
    01-14-08 02:23 PM
    Are you talking about the BlackBerry OEM Leather Holster with Swivel Belt Clip?
    01-14-08 02:30 PM
    Yes - there is one for sale here for $19.95 that is model # HDW-15994-001 and another out there on the web that is model # HDW-12715-001 -

Just wondering the difference...
    01-14-08 03:47 PM
    Found the difference. the 15994 model that is sold here has indentions for the trackball. The 12715 model # is lambskin (softer) and has no indentions.

The 15994 is the newer model - straight for BB

MG
    01-15-08 01:10 PM
    Found the difference. the 15994 model that is sold here has indentions for the trackball. The 12715 model # is lambskin (softer) and has no indentions.

The 15994 is the newer model - straight for BB

MG
    Nope, you are wrong. Both cases are basically the same. They still have grooves inside to protect the trackball. This Model #HDW-15994-001 is an updated version with different leather material.

Same goes with the new leather pockets as well. They have updated a material and that's a given, a new model number. No difference when it comes to design and sizes.
    01-15-08 02:38 PM
    Are you sure? I talked to rep at blackberry and he said the "lambskin" version - the 127# one doesn't have groove to protect the trackball... The description for it online doesn't mention indention groove to protect trackball.... They said the new stuff has the groove like the pocket that came with mine...

MG

Nope, you are wrong. Both cases are basically the same. They still have grooves inside to protect the trackball. This Model #HDW-15994-001 is an updated version with different leather material.

Same goes with the new leather pockets as well. They have updated a material and that's a given, a new model number. No difference when it comes to design and sizes.
    01-16-08 10:24 AM
    Update: Called back discountcell - and got the rep to go get one of the lambskin cases and he read the description of the 15994 one and he said that describes this one as well. Said there were grooves... I stand corrected...I think. I switched my order because its in stock and the 15994 isn't....

Do you have one of either of these?

Wonder why the new model other than different type of leather..?

MG
    01-16-08 10:59 AM
    Are you sure? I talked to rep at blackberry and he said the "lambskin" version - the 127# one doesn't have groove to protect the trackball... The description for it online doesn't mention indention groove to protect trackball.... They said the new stuff has the groove like the pocket that came with mine...

MG
    Yup I'm sure, co'z I'm a licensed e-tailer.
    01-16-08 03:46 PM
    Update: Called back discountcell - and got the rep to go get one of the lambskin cases and he read the description of the 15994 one and he said that describes this one as well. Said there were grooves... I stand corrected...I think. I switched my order because its in stock and the 15994 isn't....

Do you have one of either of these?

Wonder why the new model other than different type of leather..?

MG
    It is just an updated version, and yes they are available.

The reason why they updated is the same reason why they changed material for the 8100 Black Skin. When it first came out, it was a dust magnet. The 12715 model is prone to peeling if you aren't careful. Though I have never had any issues with this, it could also be that the new leather isn't shiny like the original version.

If you also check the new leather pocket version, they are of the much better leather as well compared to the original one.
    01-16-08 03:52 PM
    Thanks! I called discountcell and changed my order to the lambskin one once you said it had grooves for the trackball.

Do you prefer one over the other? They make the "Grooves" sound like the new improved thing...

MG

Yup I'm sure, co'z I'm a licensed e-tailer.
    Last edited by jmgilliam; 01-16-08 at 04:39 PM.
    01-16-08 04:33 PM
    Look at ebay you can have a good price.
    01-16-08 07:40 PM
    Thanks! I called discountcell and changed my order to the lambskin one once you said it had grooves for the trackball.

Do you prefer one over the other? They make the "Grooves" sound like the new improved thing...

MG
    Well since you are asking my preference, I like the first version. Nice leather, shiny and soft. The good thing about the updated version though, they have a dark brown version now + other embossed Leather Totes. Just really wondering why they are releasing totes instead of the swivels but it is really nice.
    01-16-08 10:18 PM
    I am sure I'll like the lambskin version - I heard the leather is much nicer than the leather on the "new" one. It seems it is "tougher" leather and not as soft...

Thanks again for your help!!

MG

Well since you are asking my preference, I like the first version. Nice leather, shiny and soft. The good thing about the updated version though, they have a dark brown version now + other embossed Leather Totes. Just really wondering why they are releasing totes instead of the swivels but it is really nice.
    01-16-08 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD