Hello everyone,

I am a Storm owner and I will soon be making my decision to go to a Torch, a 9780, or maybe leave the BBs altogether. While browsing online for information and pricing on the Torch, I saw an image of the phone flipped sideways with the keyboard hidden. I couldn't help but notice that the image which appears in the background (in this case, the carriers' stock image) is sized/has the same ratio as the image when the phone is held vertically, making a set of black bars show up on either side.

My question is:
    Have they fixed this or is there any way to fix this on the Torch with a custom image? If I change the background on my home screen, will the Torch/OS6 crop/zoom in on the image when I flip the phone sideways, eliminating the black/white bars on either side?

I know this might seem mundane or useless to some of you but (forgive me for saying this) if I were part of a team developing and overseeing a product of this calibre, this issue would be something I would definitely bring up (especially since it was an issue on the first Storm and I assume the Storm 2 as well).

I know people have answered "Get a theme" on the storm threads but to me that's like saying: "let someone else figure this out".

Can any Torch owners confirm this for me?
    Thank you
    11-04-10 09:47 AM
    All of the default themes are designed to fill the entire screen in portrait and landscape.

If you use another picture, depending on the way you set it as your wallpaper, you can make it either zoom in on the picture to fill the whole screen or avoid cropping any of the picture by using black bars.
    11-04-10 09:54 AM
    Thanks for the quick and informative reply!
    Sounds like that's a fix to me! Good stuff.
    11-04-10 10:37 AM
    The Torch will crop and zoom in the wallpaper when rotated horizontal. If your wallpaper image is at the minimum resolution of 360x480 it will look pixelated. I did my wallpaper at double the resolution in each direction and it looks sharp either way at 720x960.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 06:38 PM
    The Torch will crop and zoom in the wallpaper when rotated horizontal. If your wallpaper image is at the minimum resolution of 360x480 it will look pixelated. I did my wallpaper at double the resolution in each direction and it looks sharp either way at 720x960.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    good idea. know anywhere that has wallpapers this size?
    11-04-10 09:43 PM
    If you set it as your wallpaper when it's already rotated - where the picture viewer will automatically make it fit the screen with black bars - it will not zoom in when set as your wallpaper. It will look just like that.
    11-04-10 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD