Just got the charge pod today, and I have the option to dim screen set ON. However, the keyboard stays lit and the screen does not dim, period.

Any ideas? Is this an OS bug? I haven't updated my OS since purchasing from the ATT store.

Never had this problem with my Bold 9000.
    12-06-09 08:28 PM
    haha i had the same problem with it but i figured it out.

ok First make sure you have your bedtime mode set so it isnt between a specific time. The put the pod on your night table in a room and your phone on it then....yes turn the lights off in the room....yes that whats i said, turn the lights out in your room.......it seems to use the light sensor and it will dim out when the lights are out but stay on when the lights are on. although the keyboard for me would dim but this was the only way for me to get the screen to dim. its actually a great feature i think as in the light its easier to see it when its fully bright.

try it and let me now what happens
    12-06-09 08:32 PM
    you can always use Stand By mode when going to bed.
    12-06-09 08:37 PM
    You also need to set the option "When Charging" to "Enter Bedside Mode" in the options of your clock, if you haven't already.

Just got the charge pod today, and I have the option to dim screen set ON. However, the keyboard stays lit and the screen does not dim, period.

Any ideas? Is this an OS bug? I haven't updated my OS since purchasing from the ATT store.

Never had this problem with my Bold 9000.
    12-06-09 08:38 PM
    I figured out my problem. I forgot to set the option to start bedside mode upon charging. Instead, it was set to display the clock.

Funny though, shouldn't the keyboard still dim with the "display clock" setting? My room was pitch dark, for what it's worth.
    12-06-09 08:39 PM
    I figured out my problem. I forgot to set the option to start bedside mode upon charging. Instead, it was set to display the clock.

Funny though, shouldn't the keyboard still dim with the "display clock" setting? My room was pitch dark, for what it's worth.
    No. As I mentioned in the above post, unless your device is told to go into bedside mode upon charging, it will stay in normal mode = keyboard and screen lit to full brightness. Only bedside mode dims stuff.
    12-06-09 08:41 PM

so in bedside mode with the room lights on does the screen go bright and then dim when you turn the lights off??

i couldnt figure it out for a few hours, but this is how mine works, not sure why or how but i like it.
    12-06-09 08:42 PM
    the time of day matters if you have it set for only a certain timeframe. otherwise the keyboard lights will stay on.

if you are in bedside mode and the TOD is correct, it should dim the keyboard regardless of light outside.
    12-06-09 09:43 PM
    the time of day matters if you have it set for only a certain timeframe. otherwise the keyboard lights will stay on.

if you are in bedside mode and the TOD is correct, it should dim the keyboard regardless of light outside.
    Hmm, with mine.

if i have it set to go into bedside mode and dim when i charge, when i stick it on the pod the keyboard goes out and then the screen stays bright, but when i turn out the lights in the room the screen goes dim. But you are correct saying the keyboard dims regardless of light or no light in the room.

if i set it to not go into bedside mode the clock comes up and after a while the keyboard goes out followed by the screen going out completely.
    12-06-09 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD