With spring holster and I am loving it. Easy slide case and locks in nice and tight to the holster.

The real test will be at work 4 stories up. I am also waiting for the Defender case from Otterbox which will give even more protection, but for a quick easy case this is very nice to use.
    10-01-11 11:15 PM
    With spring holster and I am loving it. Easy slide case and locks in nice and tight to the holster.

The real test will be at work 4 stories up. I am also waiting for the Defender case from Otterbox which will give even more protection, but for a quick easy case this is very nice to use.
    i'm glad that you like the case; however, i've read posts, from people who have just received theirs, that the holster it comes with provides no 'sleep' function (no magnet).

having that combo sell for $50ish, I do not think many would be pleased with that.
    10-01-11 11:45 PM
    i'm glad that you like the case; however, i've read posts, from people who have just received theirs, that the holster it comes with provides no 'sleep' function (no magnet).

having that combo sell for $50ish, I do not think many would be pleased with that.
    The old Seidio cases never had a magnet as well. At least the one for my Tour never did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 08:58 AM
    I love the defender. Better quality and function than their defender line for the 97xx
    10-02-11 09:43 AM
    The old Seidio cases never had a magnet as well. At least the one for my Tour never did.

The Seidio Innocase and Spring clip holster combo I had for the 9780 did have a magnet for the sleep function.

I am very disappointed that the new case does not. Also, the new case doesn't have cutouts at the bottom for the charging contacts like the Innocase had.
    Seidio seems to be going backwards. Maybe they rushed this one out.
    10-02-11 10:08 AM
    Does yours also not have a cutout for the rear speaker? Their pic shows no cutout... which is a very big design flaw.

Seidio seems to be really dropping the ball on their Blackberry cases. I had horrible problems on my Torch case and looks like I can continue to avoid them
    10-02-11 10:14 AM

I got this same holster case combo and love it and it DOES have a sleep function magnet in it.
    As I stated above I have to dispute the Tour case you mentioned as I upgraded from a Tour to the 9930 and my Seidio Tour surface II case-holster combo had the sleep magnet as well.

PS I know that it does not say anything about the sleep function or magnet on Seidio but When I called to ask I was told for sure it does have it, they forgot to put this in the discription and will update it and the Seidio rep who regularly posts on CB told me the same thing in a PM to him when they announced they holsters were now available.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 10-02-11 at 01:03 PM.
    10-02-11 12:56 PM
    Also, the new case doesn't have cutouts at the bottom for the charging contacts like the Innocase had.
    Seidio seems to be going backwards. Maybe they rushed this one out.
    The case I bought has the cutouts for the magnets.
    10-02-11 01:45 PM
    If you don't mind please post pics that we can see those cutouts.
    10-02-11 04:03 PM
    If you don't mind please post pics that we can see those cutouts.
    Jake Storm and joju58 like this.
    10-02-11 04:22 PM
    Why would you put the phone in that, its gona look like a brick.

10-02-11 09:15 PM
    O.k. that changes things.
    If it has the sleeper magnet and the ability to charge without removing the case every night, I'll definitely be ordering one.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.
    10-02-11 11:24 PM
    Why would you put the phone in that...
    For protection.
    10-02-11 11:38 PM
    Great !!! thank you
    10-02-11 11:39 PM

Being that I am in construction, I need my phone protected and holstered on a clip.

It is supposed to look like a brick.
    10-03-11 04:07 AM
    I'm glad to hear that someone received a holster with the sleeper magnet as I was not so lucky. I sent an email to Seidio and am hoping that they will replace the one that I received. At this point I am not a satisfied customer.

Last edited by Smokeless Joe; 10-03-11 at 04:47 AM.
    10-03-11 04:41 AM
    As of late the only thing I use seidio for is their batteries. I've had many innocase systems and I've dropped them once and broken tabs off and they scratched my phone. Had a nice red one on my red 8330 and tossed my phone on the bed. It Bounced and hit my carpeted floor and blasted open, broke 2 clips and scratched the crap out of my phone. I stick to otterbox when it comes to cases and seidio for batteries.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    10-03-11 08:17 AM

After you drop yours for the first time on to concrete, the answer will appear.
    10-03-11 11:03 AM
    The Seidio holster for 9900/9930 does NOT have a magnet to sleep phone.
    10-03-11 11:21 AM
    Just received a letter back from Seidio cs and they said the holster for the 99xx series does not contain a magnet "sorry for any inconvenience".
    I am waiting on an email as I have asked to return my purchase.

10-03-11 11:59 AM
    Just received a letter back from Seidio cs and they said the holster for the 99xx series does not contain a magnet "sorry for any inconvenience".
    I am waiting on an email as I have asked to return my purchase.

The only holster with magnet i know of today if the Otterbox Defender. However there's "design flaw" and the idea of crazy gluing the rubber piece to the plastic case is starting to sound better. Just hope you don't need to access the battery, memory card, or sim card.

Come on, will some company get it right!!
    10-03-11 12:25 PM

If you have never used a Seidio Surface II case and holster combo then you would not have asked that question, The case fits perfect and does not slip or collect dust and looks great on the phone. I was happy when this finally came out and bought mine on Amazon for about $11.00 less than retail.

I have used a Seidio case on all my BBs including my Tour until I upgraded to the 9930 and the Tour case still looks new.
    10-03-11 03:32 PM
    I bought the phone because I liked my 9000 and the alluminum trim on the 9900 is attractive, I'm also not 3 years old and don't drop my phone. I have only dropped a phone once or twice in 5 years and easily replaced the damaged housing from ebay for 3 bucks. In addition the pouch it comes with is protection enough, I don't find it neccessary to ad 1 pound of plastic on the phone.

10-03-11 04:39 PM
    I bought the phone because I liked my 9000 and the alluminum trim on the 9900 is attractive, I'm also not 3 years old and don't drop my phone. I have only dropped a phone once or twice in 5 years and easily replaced the damaged housing from ebay for 3 bucks. In addition the pouch it comes with is protection enough, I don't find it neccessary to ad 1 pound of plastic on the phone.

Can you rewrite this without exaggeration?
    10-03-11 06:12 PM
    Can you rewrite this without exaggeration?
    Learn to read?

10-03-11 06:30 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD