Hi all. Am new here. Great Site.

I have a query. Is it possible to join two short ringtones into 1. I.e join 2 ringtones together to make 1 ringtone.
    05-04-09 01:57 AM
    hello, and welcome to crackberry! you would need some audio editing software to do that, such as Audacity: Windows .
    05-04-09 02:13 AM
    I used a utililty called MergeMP3 along with a sound file with 2 seconds of silence (you can record your own) plus a utility that converted .wav's to .mp3's.

If you are using all mp3's, you don't need to convert from .wav to .mp3, of course.

The reason I went to all the trouble of merging sound files is that a common complaint with Vibrate and Ring programs is that the sound file plays only once. So my short ringer would only ring once (for 2 seconds). So I wanted to stitch together something longer. So basically I copied the short ringer and renamed the copies, e.g. ringer1.mp3, ringer2.mp3, ringer3.mp3, etc. Again, although the files are named differently, they are really the same file.

Then I used MP3Merge and joined together the files into a single file:

ringer1.mp3 + silence1.mp3 + ringer2.mp3 + silence2.mp3 + ringer3.mp3 + silence3.mp3, and so on, to make it about 20 seconds long.

Worked like a charm. Here is the application: http://www.komkon.org/~shchuka/software/mergemp3/
    05-04-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD