Hi all -

I am having an awful time with my current Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset. It is usually sounds distorted with a lot of static. The "guy" at the AT&T store said others report bad experiences with their H700 and their Blackberry's.

With that said... Is the Jawbone compatible with the Blackberry 8800? Anyone have any stories or advice?

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully reply
    08-17-07 11:59 PM
    YES. The Jawbone is compatible and will work GREAT with the 8800. What's funny is I actually upgraded to the jawbone from an H700 (the gold D&G edition one).

Jawbone takes a bit of getting used to - the buttons and controls are not as easy as the flip boom and voice up/down on the Motorola H700, but the jawbone is far far far superior in terms of call quality. My H700 never really had static on my end, but anybody I talked to heard a lot of static and always new I was on a cell. With the Jawbone, the people I'm talking to always think I'm on a land line - it's the people you are talking to who will get the biggest benefit.

FYI: You can get the Jawbone from the CrackBerry.com store - the red one is on for a great price right now!.
    08-18-07 03:26 AM
    Thanks for your insight!! Much appreciated!!

Yeah, people on the other end of my calls always complained about how bad my H700 sounded to them. in fact several requested that I call them back at another time, in hopes of a clearer call.

How do the controls work? How do you deal with volume settings? Lastly... Is this strictly an in-the-ear headset? (just curious)

Thanks again for your insight and experience!
    08-18-07 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD