Ok, , first time caller, I hope someone can help. (I know I am in the video section, but it is media) I have a new sd card and I can put tunes on it. Trouble is, I can only put music from iTunes that I own the cd for. Any music purchased on iTunes says it is 'protected'. Do I need to convert it?

Thanks

Dino

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-08 04:01 PM
    You cant play anything on a BB that has DRM protection so if you can convert it to get rid of the DRM you can but good luck doing that.
    04-06-08 04:02 PM
    Hi,
    I had the same problem a couple a months ago when I got my BB.I had a lot of music that I got from iTunes, and as you also noticed all that music is protected so you can't play it on another device, as for example a bb or an mp3 player or whatever.
    I kinda solved my problem cause I a found on the net some soft that converts protected files,it's called tunebite.I'm pretty sure this solves your problem too.Cheers.
    04-07-08 02:12 AM
    You can also use CD's, burn them from inside itunes and rip them on your pc again, then they are unprotected.
    If you use CD-RW's you can reuse the CD for different Albums
    04-07-08 06:45 AM
    That's an ideea too , I tried it before deciding to get tunebite but I finally got fed up with burning cd's and then copying on the computer and so on.But I guess this was also the fault of my cd writer, I got some errors several times and of course had to rewrite the files..But it never crossed my mind using CD-RW's.D'oooh.
    Still I prefer using the soft rather that writing and rewriting cd's, I find it time saving.
    04-10-08 07:12 AM
    Thanks for the replies, I will try the software first

Cheers
    04-11-08 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD