First off let me apologize for this review I've never done one before and I tend to ramble... Also peoples opinions always vary so don't be mean to me please

I went and picked up my Ion Bold Ring (I had to sign for it at the post office because its from Hong Kong)...

It comes in a nice boxed package, it comes with a soft polishing cloth and a screen protector for the phone (which I didn't know was included).

Now I have most all cases you can get for this phone from OEM to aftermarket and this is by FAR my favorite... With that said, when I first got it out of the package I did have a small WTF moment because it is much darker than the picture on the site portrays... The picture makes you believe it is lighter colored greyish purple and makes you think it is actually "chrome plated" or "metallic" but it isn't, and for me that is a GOOD thing because I did buy a ring (a cheap one) off of True Supplier and it was that chrome plate material, it was cheap, scratched easily, was always dirty and it went around the phone, was bulky with sharp edges and had this ugly different colored clasp to close it off around you phone.

I'm finding it VERY hard to describe the feel of this case... Its EXTREMELY smooth like polished to the max, soft edges etc. Its plastic but it is shiny and a little see thru when held to the sun... The fit is amazing its like someone poured liquid mercury onto the phone its very odd... It makes the phone feel great in the hand, doesn't add allot of bulk either. The color is very dark, almost black in the sunlight (?) but in the room its dark sapphire blue/purple very nice... it snaps on, you can tell it wont damage or scratch the phone because it fits so snug. The top and bottom are open which is amazing because on my other cases it covers the top lock button and the button is so flush anyways its like impossible to push, especially with my OEM green bottle case, its so hard to push the lock button with that case (that irritates me lol)... There is just enough lip so that if you put it on its face its keeps the screen from touching the surface, it also keeps the back of the phone from touching the surface (meaning its not flush with the battery door etc)

It was well worth the 34.99 FOR SURE just for the build/quality/mold etc, but thats just my opinion because at the end of the day its still plastic lol so while I agree that they may be overpriced (because for this price you would expect metal or something you know), however with shipping I paid closer to 42.00... I am not going to complain about the price because I would actually pay it all over again if I ever had too and only because there is no other case like this that I have come across. The pictures I feel wont do it justice and like I said its really hard to explain how smooth it is and how well it fits, its almost like its a mirrored gel/plastic? if that makes any sense... My only gripe would be that its kind of darker than I would of hoped for, but actually its growing on me with every passing minute and the color is really nice (except its basically mirrored black in the sunlight which I guess is because its mirrored?), i'm totally obsessed with it I just wish it was 25 bucks instead

The best part of the case is the 9900/9930 is so gorgeous when its naked and other cases tend to hide the beauty of the phone, this case lets the beauty shine thru and compliments the phone!

Oh and the battery cover can be removed while the case is on

Feel free to ask my any questions directly at [email protected] (just incase I don't check this thread as often as I should)

Hope this helps you guys in your decision!
    josayeee likes this.
    11-29-11 02:44 PM
    could only post ten pics at a time

11-29-11 02:44 PM
    ALSO I couldn't find the charger to my good camera so the pictures aren't a good as I would of hoped for
    11-29-11 02:46 PM
    And now that I look at the first promo pic its almost the same color as that but only indoors not outdoors... its the second promo pic with the three cases that is deceiving
    11-29-11 02:52 PM
    You know what it looks like... it looks like when black ink spills out of a pen... that purplish color
    11-29-11 02:53 PM
    Really dumb question, but I assume this doesn't work with the cradle?
    11-29-11 02:54 PM
    I don't have a cradle so I wouldn't know actually...
    11-29-11 02:55 PM
    But I'm not sure what the cradle looks like it may fit in there its quite thin
    11-29-11 02:56 PM
    I LOVE THIS CASE lol
    11-29-11 03:01 PM
    Def want to go and order it now!!!! Love the color too!
    11-29-11 07:50 PM
    What is the point of that? Cosmetics? Not getting it.
    11-29-11 09:48 PM
    yes cosmetic, the most it will protect from is preventing your battery door from getting all scuffed up from sitting on the counter... and it looks good while doing it
    11-30-11 04:21 PM
    so how's it holding up now? is it all scratched up?
    03-22-12 07:44 PM
    I have always like the look of those ion rings but I could never bring myself to spend $40 on a bumper.
    03-23-12 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD