Anyone install the IS on their 9700? If so, please let me know how it is and if possible post some pictures. I'm planning on installing the IS on my S2 and possibly may have one put on my wifes 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 12:37 AM
    If anyone out there has any pictures i'd love to see them as well! Undecided even though it did a great job on my iphone
    11-23-09 09:07 PM
    I ordered a full body kit. I've had invisibleshields with both my sidekicks and honestly don't know how I ever lived without the things. Truly -- my sidekicks mechanically BROKE before they ever scratched! HAHAhA!

Seriously, invisibleshields are peace of mind. As long as its on, you know your screen will never scratch. How's that not worth 20 bucks?

Oh yeah, it takes a bit of practice to get it on without bubbles. If you think you're going to get one just peel it off before it dries and reapply.
    Last edited by Havraha; 11-23-09 at 09:21 PM.
    11-23-09 09:19 PM
    I just put the skin from Bestskinsever, still waiting on it to dry, not too sure if ima have the back cover covered due to the leather....gives it a weird look.
    11-23-09 09:35 PM
    you guys don't happen to know the deal with the lifetime warranties do you? i live in australia so sending them back is a little annoying, outweighs the gain really
    11-23-09 10:07 PM
    If I have the IS installed on my wifes 9700 I will not have it installed on the leather back because it may look a bit strange. For those that have it on please post pics if you don't mind.

11-23-09 11:49 PM
    still waiting for mine to come once it comes ill post pics
    11-24-09 06:51 AM
    still waiting for mine to come once it comes ill post pics
    Awesome! Thanks

11-24-09 07:53 AM
    People: Best Skins Ever (www.BestSkinsEver)is the identical product for a fraction of the cost (was on same yesterday for $4.99, now $7.99).

I can't see covering the back: the leatherette takes care fo that.

The most important thing is the screen. The sides are menu/control keys are very minor, but protecting the screen is wroth its weight in gold.

Note on application: wet your hands in soapy water before you peel off the skin so you don't leave finger prints on the reverse side. Also, take your time and be careful. IME, Best Skins Ever will send you a free replacement if you goof on application. This product must cost them less than a buck. Invisible Skins sell at BestBuy for $25, but I think BestBuy markets them up 4-5x, and Invisible Skin spends a more on useless packaging/application tools: they provide a liquid squirt bottle (versus having to mix soap and water) and a squeegee versus using a credit card to remove water/bubbles. Go figure.
    11-24-09 08:10 AM
    Anyone install the IS on their 9700? If so, please let me know how it is and if possible post some pictures. I'm planning on installing the IS on my S2 and possibly may have one put on my wifes 9700.

My full body kit will be here today, I'll let you know how it goes.
    11-24-09 08:12 AM
    My full body kit will be here today, I'll let you know how it goes.
    Thanks CX I appreciate it!

11-24-09 08:49 AM
    I ordered mine the day I ordered my Bold 9700. I have it installed and it's absolutely flawless to the point where the price they ask for seem irrelevant. It's worth the investment and since this is my 5th consumer product with Invisible SHIELD, I know that I'm getting the best.
    11-24-09 09:00 AM
    I ordered mine the day I ordered my Bold 9700. I have it installed and it's absolutely flawless to the point where the price they ask for seem irrelevant. It's worth the investment and since this is my 5th consumer product with Invisible SHIELD, I know that I'm getting the best.
    Did u apply the IS on the leather back by chance?

11-24-09 09:04 AM
    Did u apply the IS on the leather back by chance?

no way, it's pointless to have one installed on the back.

I've purchased the full-body coverage for my old Bold 9000 last year and it looked pretty crummy. I just installed the screen cover and called it a day. I don't need anything else unless you suck at taking care of your phones. If that's the case, you should get a full shell case from SEIDO, not just a screen cover.
    11-24-09 09:24 AM
    Get the IS, best brand out there... I put an IS on the screen of my Bold 9000 the day I got it back in November 2008. I got the 9700 about a week ago and didn't want to have any huge gashes across my new 9700.... so I peeled the IS off of my Bold, cut it with a razor blade, washed it with soapy water, put soapy water on my heads, and stuck it on my 9700.

It isn't perfect because it is a little dirty around the edges from a year of use, but to be pulled off a Bold and then cut to fit another phone and even work is amazing. I can't speak highly enough of the IS. I took it off of my Bold 9000 (which is beat to ****) and the screen is perfect. I'll snap a picture.

-Mike
    11-24-09 09:29 AM
    I had an IS on my Pearl, and it was great. You barely notice that its there, except that it adds a little more tack to the surfaces of the phone. Similar to the effect that the leatherette back already has. Like a couple other people said, the edges tend to pile up dust, and the shield starts to discolor eventually, and on my Pearl, the edges would begin to come loose after a few months, from keeping it in my pocket. Luckily, if they have a booth in your local mall, you can take it in, and get a take home kit for free, or pay $10 to have them apply it)(they always managed to screw mine up, and get them on crooked. If they don't have a location near you, you can send it back to them, but have to pay shipping.
    11-24-09 11:03 AM
    So for those who were putting on the IS today. How did they turn out?

11-24-09 07:53 PM
    I'd like to know how it turns out for everyone! Pictures would be great!
    11-25-09 12:16 AM
    I had an IS on my Bold and I loved it... already have my order in for the 9700 IS, and hope it comes quickly! I love these things
    11-25-09 01:44 AM
    Had IS on my iPhone, the best protection I've seen by a clear mile in my opinion.
    11-25-09 04:16 AM
    agreed. when i pulled it off my iphone to sell it, it looked absolutely brand new! pics please everyone
    11-25-09 04:28 AM
    Mine arrived in the post this morning. Will probably apply it to my 9700 this evening and ill take a couple of pics for you.
    Not impressed that the application solution container leaked in the post and soaked everything inside the envelope though

11-25-09 06:35 AM
    hello all just thought i let u all know i just got the bold 9700 love it would never go back to the iphone .
    11-25-09 06:44 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. I see this is your first post. But, I suggest you start by reading the forum rules. And with that said, please don't try to hyjack a thread with an off-brand comment.

hello all just thought i let u all know i just got the bold 9700 love it would never go back to the iphone .
    11-25-09 07:18 AM
    I got my screen shield but not the full body kit, it works fine. I recommend the full body kit, I dropped my phone after having a few beers and got a couple of scratches on the chrome.
    11-25-09 09:16 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD