Which is easier for fingers to swipe on? Less sticky and less friction?

Thanks.
    08-17-10 05:31 PM
    I'm not a big fan of the Invishield.....just don't like using water to stick the thing down. I do like the ones AT&T has - no water needed to apply. And CaseMate makes them. No issues with swipping....can't say anything about how the Invishield is.
    08-17-10 05:46 PM
    I'm not a big fan of the Invishield.....just don't like using water to stick the thing down. I do like the ones AT&T has - no water needed to apply. And CaseMate makes them. No issues with swipping....can't say anything about how the Invishield is.
    True.

I might just get a 3-pack Static-cling screen protectors... for 10 bucks...
    08-17-10 09:23 PM
    I'm using this... "Invisible Gadget Guard | Full Body Cell Phone Protector Skin for Blackberry Torch 9800"
    08-18-10 01:04 AM
    I used invisi-shield on my storm and it worked fine. Also have one on my Ipod Touch and have no issues. Case mate makes one just like it but I think it is a little better.
    08-18-10 01:15 AM
    I'm using the one from AT&T I have zero bubbles and I can't even tell it's on.
    08-18-10 06:12 AM
    My vote is for the static cling screen protectors. I don't like the spray you use with the Invisishield.
    08-18-10 06:19 AM
    the invisible gadget guard (much like invisible shield) required the water-soap solution, but its on pretty good after some meticulous work to line up well and keep out dust. Full body protection.
    08-18-10 06:39 AM
    Invishield - my finger doesn't swipe freely, my finger sticks to the screen a bit so I've been using the touch square which I like (this is my first BB). I bought a non brand leather case for my iP3G from ATT 2yrs ago which came with a shield and had been very easy to swipe. You need a smooth surface and Invishield has some sort of texture on the surface. Loving my Torch!! XD
    08-18-10 07:38 AM
    I ordered an Invisibleshield not knowing you had to use a solution to adhere it, as well as turn the unit off for 24 hours before installing according to the instructions. Needless to say I won't be installing it anytime soon so if someone wants a brand new Zagg for $10, I'll take the loss.
    08-18-10 09:10 AM
    I'm using the invisibleShield from Zagg. I bought the generic one for $14.99+tax and got 3 screen protectors plus the application kit. I had to cut out the size myself, so it wasn't the wroldest greatest cut, but I like having it on my screen. In fact I regret not using these screen protectors earlier. My vote is for the invisibleShield. Preferably precut.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 09:57 AM
    I ordered an Invisibleshield not knowing you had to use a solution to adhere it, as well as turn the unit off for 24 hours before installing according to the instructions. Needless to say I won't be installing it anytime soon so if someone wants a brand new Zagg for $10, I'll take the loss.
    I might've missed that part of the instructions, but I instaled with the unit turned on, and had ZERO issues. I say it's worth trying, it worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 09:59 AM
    I have a Zagg on my 9000.
    On my 9800 I'm using the anti-glare/anti-fingerprint one from ATT (NOT the privacy one) and I LOVE it.

No bubbles, no fingerprints, no reflections to deal with and clear as a bell.

I got two in a pack for $20.
    08-18-10 10:15 AM
    Its really not a bad installation. Did it on mine and my fiance's. As per instructions used a hair dryer on low to speed up the drying process.
    Used it after 15 minutes and it continues to get better every day (the instructions said after a few days micro bubbles and stuff will start to disappear).
    Anyways, you can just call Zagg and they'll refund your money. I bought them online but then found them in a local store so i called Zagg and told them i didn't want the ones i bought from their site and they issued an RMA number immediately.
    08-18-10 10:27 AM
    I'm using this... "Invisible Gadget Guard | Full Body Cell Phone Protector Skin for Blackberry Torch 9800"
    Same here... Found it on eBay for about $8.

Seems to be really good quality. Easy application and I can't tell a difference between it and the Zagg/Bestskinsever screen protectors that I have used before.
    08-18-10 10:30 AM
    ZAGG really is where its at. Anyone that's afraid of the solution, get over it. I've done HUNDREDS of them and not a single device has had any adverse effects, and I don't even turn the phone off half the time. Let alone turn it off for 24 hours.

They are the BEST for real protection. Period.
    08-18-10 10:38 AM
    I'm also using the Invisible Shield by ZAGG and haven't had any problems with it. Swiping is as easy as it was before I applied it (granted, I tend to keep it squeaky-clean at all times).
    08-18-10 10:40 AM
    installed my Bodyguardz yesterday and havent had any problems. used it all night.i kept the phone off for the installation time instead of the recommended 24 hours.
    08-18-10 11:44 AM
    I've read people here stating that the invisibleshield adhesive started to seep out along the edges after a while so the edges of their screens became sticky and dirty. Then there are those that haven't had any issues. Maybe it just depends how you handle it and carry it. Mine is always in my pocket which may not be good for it. Do you people that have used the IS carry your devices in your pocket?
    08-18-10 11:45 AM
    I've read people here stating that the invisibleshield adhesive started to seep out along the edges after a while so the edges of their screens became sticky and dirty. Then there are those that haven't had any issues. Maybe it just depends how you handle it and carry it. Mine is always in my pocket which may not be good for it. Do you people that have used the IS carry your devices in your pocket?
    Me too. I put it my pocket usually.

And INDEED the edges got sticky and dirty, collecting dust or whatever glue like stuff.

That's what get me cold feet.

Plus I am not sure if I really need a "bullet-proof" protection,,, as I never stab the screen with a knife...
    08-18-10 11:55 AM
    i ordered this:

Wrapsol | strongest, easiest and fastest-to-apply protection for BlackBerry Bold 9700

it's a dry application instead of using the solution... i got 20% off by using the code "chatter"

the utlra version is the dry and the original is the spray bottle like Zagg..

and it;s supposedly more CLEAR and no orange peel.. let you guys know
    08-18-10 02:08 PM
    I have the invisibleshield installed and carry in my pocket, but i also have an otterbox installed, so it edges aren't very susceptible to dirt/lint since the case puts a big lip on the screen.
    08-18-10 02:15 PM
    Had Zagg since 2008 on my Bold 9000, had to replace last month due to a corner peeling.

Yes, it has an orange peel affect. Yes it looks bad if you are looking for the screen to see if it has an orange peel. It really pissed me off at first and still did for 2 years but it held up well. I will say, if the screen was on you couldn't see the orange peel affect.
    Yes, it did get some lint and stuff on the edges, it is basically glued down so you will have a glue edge line. It would also wipe off. with a damp cloth.

I would clean my screen about once a month with spit and my t shirt, it got off all the lint edges and finger print smudges.

I always had this phone in my pants or shorts pocket and NEVER thought about where I was touching it when I took it out of my pocket. I just yanked it out used it for whatever then back in.

I did notice that the Zagg really shows smudges and finger prints a lot, but maybe the phone screen itself would with nothing on it. I don't know.

I hate the matte screen my wife has on her iphone, but I do not want the orange peel look again so I ordered the bodyguardz today even though my zagg arrived today.

Lastly, I went home last night and tried to swipe on my old 9000 screen with the zagg on it and it really wasn't that smooth. I hope the bodyguardz is better.

Nothing is better than using the screen bare but I do not know what it is made of and do not want to look at a scratch on the screen for 2 years. My wife decided to take her matte screen off her iphone and used it for 1.5 years with nothing and it has no scratches. Guess apple uses that gorilla glass.
    08-18-10 04:02 PM
    I use invisibleshield had it installed at best buy and the warranty is covered in there store if I have issues.
    08-19-10 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD