so, i just got my invisible shield in the mail today for my pearl , and i must say, it's quite awesome. application was pretty arduous, and applying the corners were really tricky, but i thought it was a worthy investment.

now, the invisible shield (full body coverage) cost a whopping $24, which didn't seem like much, considering that some cases cost that much anyway, and this one isn't bulky at all, etc etc

however, in my random stream of clicking, i came upon bestskinsever which seemed to offer a product incredibly similar to the invisible shield for - get this - $7! i'm not sure if it covers the sides of the pearl, but i checked out the one for the 8800 series and it said it does... did i just get ripped off here? or am i at least getting quality for the invisble shield? HELP!

thanks
    08-23-08 12:32 AM
    I'd like to say you get what you pay for. I haven't used bestskinever but invisibleshield works great. I even got cocky and tried clawing my screen with my keys like they do in the demo. Do I think I overpaid? No. The screen still looks flawless and its easy to clean (quick swipe on my shirt and good as new).

Haven't used bestskinever but you definitely get your money's worth with invisibleshield.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by skyys; 08-24-08 at 02:49 PM.
    08-23-08 05:04 AM
    Yeah, you overpaid. They are essentially the same material.
    Only difference is with th IS you get the application solution
    (you can make that easy enough in your kitchen) and a
    lifetime warranty (kind of pointless IMO)

None of that, to me warrants 3x the price of the BSE, which is
    an excellent product. I currently have 3 devices that have
    one installed on them.
    08-23-08 06:09 AM
    I too am a believe in the BSE. A whole $7 is not too much and I love mine.
    08-23-08 09:13 AM
    You just shouldn't have paid full price, that's all. My full body IS only cost $12.xx (50% coupon code) and came with side rails protection (I don't think all bse's do? )....so it's definately worth $13 to get total protection, if that's what you're after.

IS and bse are both great products.
    08-23-08 11:40 AM
    thanks for your response!

i was just wondering how you got it at 50% off? i found a 20% off coupon, which softened the blow, but $20 is still a bit much compared to the $7 bse.

thanks!
    08-23-08 10:37 PM
    I use BSE and have been for over a year now on my 8830(wife now uses) and 8330. By far worth more than the price paid. BSE has kept both looking brand new and both still using the initial application- so $14.00 total for 2 devices with excellent protection and no problems..

08-23-08 10:43 PM
    BSE for me. Great price and great service.
    08-23-08 10:50 PM

i was just wondering how you got it at 50% off? i found a 20% off coupon, which softened the blow, but $20 is still a bit much compared to the $7 bse.

thanks!
    20% may very well be the best current discount. Every now and then there is a 50% discount. I have the bse on the curve, but the IS on the pearl, happy with both. But again, the IS full body appears to provide more protection than the bse...so have no buyers remorse!
    08-23-08 10:52 PM
    I have a BSE and I absolutely love It. On my last curve, before I got this replacement I had an IS screen protector on it. I prefer BSE since it is cheaper AND is the same exact thing.

08-23-08 11:00 PM
    Have the BSE for my 8130. The full body kit does not include protection for the "chrome" sides. However, I have a blackberry silicone skin that does duty for side protection.

IMO, $24 is too much to pay for essentially the same product that costs $7 elsewhere.
    08-24-08 02:45 PM

thanks!
    I did a quick froogle search, and I see it at amazon.com for $20.82 (and eligible for free shipping if you are a Prime member).

I also saw it at a site called SmartAVTronics (never heard of them before) for $11.90 + S/H. You have to go 1-2 steps into their checkout process to even see the shipping rate, but I did a dummy order and the shipping cost was under $7 to my East Coast address.

Zagg BLKBR8300S invisibleSHIELD Screen Shield Fits Blackberry 8300 Curve
    Last edited by EsquireFlyer; 08-25-08 at 12:48 AM.
    08-25-08 12:38 AM
    Is this stuff like the 3M clear bra I put on my car? If so I'm gettingit as soon as its out for the Storm (if it works with the screen)

09-18-08 02:23 PM
    Is this stuff like the 3M clear bra I put on my car? If so I'm gettingit as soon as its out for the Storm (if it works with the screen)

IS and bse are the functional equivalents to the 3m clear bra. My advice is to get one of them (IS or bse)....sounds like the right product for you. There are numerous threads here to help you decide for yourself between the two.
    09-19-08 11:11 AM
    IS and bse are the functional equivalents to the 3m clear bra.
    Is it possible that it is the exact same 3M material? But the clear bra is put on with a water/alcohol solution and has a thickness of 8 mil
    09-19-08 06:58 PM
    I just got my BSE for my Curve and it does NOT cover the soft sides - but it doesn't need to IMO. I have read some people complain about BSE delivery but I had mine in my mail box in about 4 days - and you would be NUTS to mistake it for junk mail!!
    09-19-08 07:52 PM
    I've used both the IS and BSE on my Pearl 8130 and there is no difference at all except for the chrome sides not being included with the BSE. That wasn't a problem with me however because i wasn't concerned with protecting the sides (and the IS actually attracted some grime on the sides where the shield ended and the phone began).

BSE is easily better simply because of the price but they are exactly the same material.
    09-30-08 11:10 AM
    Just wondering here... once this stuff is on (someone mentioned that it was pretty tuff to get the corners) what happens when you have to do a battery pull or switch out your micro SD card?? Maybe I've got this wrong, is it a full body protector skin, or a liquid app for the screen?
    11-21-08 08:23 PM
    It's your cash... spend it or keep it.

After reading all the raves about BSE on Crackberry I went with them. Got a surface shield for my wife's HTC shadow and a full skin for my Curve cheap enough and they seem pretty tough.

Times are tough, you gotta make the most with what little you have. BSE does a great job and you can take the extra cash for a pint of your choice.

cheers.
    lcg...
    12-06-08 05:39 PM
    Just wondering here... once this stuff is on (someone mentioned that it was pretty tuff to get the corners) what happens when you have to do a battery pull or switch out your micro SD card?? Maybe I've got this wrong, is it a full body protector skin, or a liquid app for the screen?
    it's full body protection but comes cut up into different sections, so no worries about having to switch out media cards or doing battery pulls
    02-23-09 02:56 PM
    A guy at work bought the IS online and totally botched installing it. He went to a local Kiosk, had it replaced under warranty, and "professionally" installed for free.

That's what you get for your extra $$$.
    02-23-09 05:41 PM
    What does this have to do with Bluetooth?
    02-24-09 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD