So i went to order a shield for the Tour and Zagg didn't have one yet?! Weird, considering they had a storm shield before it was even released. Anyone enthusiastic about this product needs to show some support and go to the Submit Device page and well...show some support!

This is the email they sent me after filling out the form:

"Thank you for your help! We have received your submission. If we determine there is enough demand for an invisibleSHIELD for your device, we will reach out to you for you to ship us your device. Keep a look out for an email from us as the first person to commit to sending in their device will be the only one eligible for the free invisibleSHIELD. Thank you again.

Your device:

Cell Phones: BlackBerry 9630 Tour / Niagra

Thank you,

The ZAGG Hot Gadget Team"
    07-10-09 08:29 AM
    PhantomSkinz has there up. I like them better then the Zagg ones
    07-10-09 08:46 AM
    invisable sheild really messed up when it came time to make sheilds for the storm before the storm was even out....there cut out was wrong, which gave invisable sheild a black eye becuase they had to make all new cut outs becuase when the storm was released it wasn't the same size as the final unit. thats why they are waiting to get the tour in there hands so they can make a final cut out for the tour...

same with PhantomSkinz...you can pre-order like a lot of people have had, but they are also waiting for the final unit which i talked to the guy yesterday from PhantomSkinz and said they hope to have a Tour arrive in mail on saturday, that way they can start shipping out covers on monday.. no one wants to make the same mistake again that Invisable sheild did when making them to early
    07-10-09 08:53 AM
    invisable sheild really messed up when it came time to make sheilds for the storm before the storm was even out....there cut out was wrong, which gave invisable sheild a black eye becuase they had to make all new cut outs becuase when the storm was released it wasn't the same size as the final unit. thats why they are waiting to get the tour in there hands so they can make a final cut out for the tour...

same with PhantomSkinz...you can pre-order like a lot of people have had, but they are also waiting for the final unit which i talked to the guy yesterday from PhantomSkinz and said they hope to have a Tour arrive in mail on saturday, that way they can start shipping out covers on monday.. no one wants to make the same mistake again that Invisable sheild did when making them to early
    hmm...didn't realize that happened with the Storm. I got an IS about the week after the Storm was released. No problems, but maybe just long enough for them to work out the problems.

Guess we'll just have to wait it out. Thanks for the heads up.
    07-10-09 08:55 AM
    i'll be waiting for BSE's skin to come out, pretty much the same quality and experience i had with zagg but at a fraction of the price
    07-10-09 08:56 AM
    i'll be waiting for BSE's skin to come out, pretty much the same quality and experience i had with zagg but at a fraction of the price
    looks the same but why do they tend to sell 2 packs? I'm not sure that's a good sign or maybe they're just being reassuring?
    07-10-09 09:11 AM
    Invisible Shield is awful. The phantomskinz are much smoother and work a lot better.
    07-10-09 10:15 AM
    Invisible Shield is awful. The phantomskinz are much smoother and work a lot better.
    Can you elaborate on that opinion?

The latest iterations of IS have a different material and the orange peel effect is almost entirely gone.

Aside from that, what's that different with Phantomskinz?
    07-10-09 10:16 AM
    I am going to wait for BSE, too. I have used Zagg and BSE before, and Zagg shields tend to fade or lose some of their stickiness. BSE skins are still perfect on my devices, YEARS after having installed them.
    07-10-09 10:22 AM
    when applying the BSE Skins in the past, did you wait the full 24 hours until usage? Or did you go right ahead and play with your phone?
    07-10-09 10:34 AM
    after reading rave reviews on the invisible shield I bought one for my curve. what a waste of money. very orange peeley. tried it for a few months then couldn't stand how the edge near the track ball was starting to peel up and get all dirty.

I won't be wasting my money for my new tour
    07-10-09 10:38 AM
    pre-ordered a PS. Don't forget about the 33% off code: independence33

Screen protector came to a whopping $7 (but i had to get the USPS $4 shipping
    07-10-09 02:31 PM
    pre-ordered a PS. Don't forget about the 33% off code: independence33

Screen protector came to a whopping $7 (but i had to get the USPS $4 shipping
    SO i assume you just ordered the front skin cover only? HOw is PS compared to invisishield?
    07-10-09 02:39 PM
    Is phantomskinz like how invisishield is? where the outer edges of the skin can get dirty and eventually peel off?

Im undecided between phantomskinz or invisishield and need advice
    07-10-09 02:41 PM
    SO i assume you just ordered the front skin cover only? HOw is PS compared to invisishield?
    Yeah screen only. Never used PS but invisibleshield has come a long way. The orange peel effect is pretty much gone and the one i've had on for months is looking brand new still. hasn't been peeling at all. But i have had that happen. takes a looong time for that to happen. And they'll replace it anytime for free. you have to pay $4 for shipping tough (through IS that is, i'm not sure what the charge is at PS).

Figured i'd give PS a try.
    Last edited by Naman919; 07-10-09 at 02:45 PM.
    07-10-09 02:41 PM
    BSE or IS or PS skin??? Which one works best? I have never bought any skins before and will get one for the Tour...

whats BSE's website?
    07-10-09 02:47 PM
    InvisibleShield or BodyGuardz? I like how BodyGuardz gives you two for the same price...

New to skins though, so I don't have any experience with either product...
    07-10-09 02:51 PM
    I did the exact same thing when I found out the Tour was hitting the 12th, I started shopping for a Zagg I.S. I still have the original type I.S. product on my Bold from December and it's holding up well (even though it is orange peeled). Zagg used very good adhesive. Since the newer ones are supposed to show less orange peel, I'm sure they'll be even better. Guess I'll just have to use a Belkin generic for awhile until Zagg gets their hands on a Tour to prototype with. BTW, keep that protective shipping film from the screen to use as a template and you'll get pretty good results. Maybe I'll try one of the other products you all were talking about too.
    07-10-09 02:55 PM
    InvisibleShield or BodyGuardz? I like how BodyGuardz gives you two for the same price...

New to skins though, so I don't have any experience with either product...
    I use BodyGuardz on my MP3 players and cell phones and they provide you 2 full covers and lifetime replacements. You are just required to send the old ones back to get replacements - no big deal. Also, you get a discount if you have purchased from them previously. If you are careful and have patience when applying them you will be happy with them.

Also, they do have the full cover for the Blackberry Tour
    07-10-09 03:06 PM
    I've used both IS and BSE on my (soon to be retired) 8830. Personally, I prefer the BSE; I found the seams and edges of the IS to be more stiff and "sharp" than the BSE.

I did have a problem with both skins around the trackball. The seam from the screen protector portion curved around the trackball and the edges were very annoying. I used an Xacto knife and cut the skin straight across just below the screen to eliminate that problem---the screen still was totally protected, but there was no skin near the trackball. I intend to do the same thing with the skin for the Tour.

Right now I have a BodyGuardz in its box waiting for my Tour to arrive because that's what was available for preorder. I'll see how that works---if I don't like it, I'll go back to BSE.
    07-10-09 03:32 PM
    they have improved IS a lot...no more orange peel effect. Plus there are 13 seperate pieces on the tour...
    And they'll replace it anytime for free. you have to pay $4 for shipping tough (through IS that is, i'm not sure what the charge is at PS).
    my local mall has a IS kiosk..you can exchange it there for free...it's been there for almost 2 years and by the looks of it, it will be around for a long time...I went there this morning...a tuesday and I had to wait 3 hours because of the backup of people wanting to get them installed
    07-21-09 04:04 PM
    they have improved IS a lot...no more orange peel effect. Plus there are 13 seperate pieces on the tour...
    thats incorrect. Invisable sheild still has that same old orange peal that have always had, a long with that very rubbery feel to it. I have IS right next to me but put on the PhantomSkins after comparing both and by far phantom is the best one. Invisable sheild is a horrable product with a bad look and feel to them
    07-21-09 04:32 PM
    thats incorrect. Invisable sheild still has that same old orange peal that have always had, a long with that very rubbery feel to it. I have IS right next to me but put on the PhantomSkins after comparing both and by far phantom is the best one. Invisable sheild is a horrable product with a bad look and feel to them
    mine doesn't have it I certainly know what the effect is because my Ipod has it

The back kinda seems to have it..perhaps they replaced the screen piece with what PS uses?
    07-21-09 04:39 PM
    I was torn between the Invisible Shield and the Phantom Skinz for a few days. Ended up going with the Phantom Skinz and am really happy with my decision. The skin has none of that orange peel effect that people complain about with the Invisible Shield and it is not rubbery feeling at all. Phantom Skinz also covers pretty much every part of the phone

+1 for Phantom Skinz. Will use them in the future
    07-27-09 01:20 PM
    Why do people complain about the rubbery feel? i like it...it doesn't slip off my leather car seat..(i usually leave the phone on the passenger seat)
    07-27-09 01:32 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD