I just receieved my Invisible Shield for my Curve 8330 and I just wanted to get a few tips from people who already installed it. My main question is what did you guys use to clean your screen before you applied the shield? I've read alot of posts and watched some videos on the install, but any last pointers would be great. Also, I read on the box that it has to sit for 12-24 hours is that neccessary?
    07-11-08 10:56 AM
    I put mine in front of a fan to help the drying. Ensure that you use some of the application solution on your fingertips, so you don't wind up with a print under the shield. I just used a cotton ball and some rubbing alcohol to clean the BB before the install. Mine turned out great, Good luck!
    07-11-08 11:02 AM
    I always use alcohol prep pads to clean. I keep them in the car too. And in my purse. I hate dirty berries.
    07-11-08 10:49 PM
    Thanks for the tips . I haven't put on the shileld yet because I'm trying to find the time where I won't need my BB (which is next to impossilbe). I have a can of compressed air which I figured would be good for keeping dust off my screen while I clean.
    07-12-08 11:21 AM
    Im gonna be honest with ya, i started using my berry right after the application of my IS. Keep in mind though i only applied the IS to my screen, not the whole body. I use a case for my phone so i didnt need a full shield. My application was perfect, no problems or bubbles at all.
    07-12-08 01:18 PM
    I am only putting on the screen as well. I have a Seidio crystal case on my phone. One question though is did you remove your batteru during installation?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 01:31 PM
    Yes i did, You dont want any power going to it while applying the screen protector. There is a liquid solution that you will be using so its safer to do it with the screen off. Plus you will be able to see smudges and imperfections on the screen more easily
    07-12-08 04:15 PM
    I put my BSE screen protector on in the bathrooom, turned the shower on hot to steam it up and get the dust out of the air. Wiped with a microfiber cloth. Take out battery, apply, let sit overnight. Came out great!

**WOOT 100th post**
    07-12-08 04:47 PM
    I cleaned the whole thing first with some lens cleaner wipes bought @ a grocery store and then donned gloves to prevent any finger tips from getting under the skin during application. Yea take the battry out like the others said. I bought the BSE btw

07-17-08 08:51 PM
    there was someone here that posted a thread on how to apply it step-by-step. i can't seem to find it now, but he was thorough and even had pics to help out. if anyone finds it, it might be helpful for the original poster.

here's one i found:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/my-i...ld-skin-36850/

there's another one i was talking about though...
    Last edited by songbird; 07-17-08 at 10:10 PM. Reason: add links
    07-17-08 09:57 PM
    I forgot to give a little update on how it went...in one word AWFUL! I followed the instructions and tips everyone gave me, but there was a problem with the shield itself. When I applied the shileld there was a resude on the back of the screen. I peeled off the shield immediatly and when I tried to reapply the shiled was strectched and would no longer stick to the surface (even after I reapplied the liquid) I had a talk with Zagg and they said they were going to ship a new one to me so hopefully the 2nd time goes alot smoother.
    07-18-08 01:38 PM
    Yeah it works well also
    Last edited by yester18; 07-18-08 at 01:50 PM.
    07-18-08 01:47 PM
    good luck. just remember to take your time, work in a clean space, make sure your hands are clean, device cleaned and just breath. good luck with shot #2!

ok, i found the thread i was talking about earlier! it's nice cause it has pictures and he lays everything out pretty clearly. hope this helps in your next attempt!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/my-...utorial-44859/
    Last edited by songbird; 07-19-08 at 03:25 AM. Reason: added link
    07-18-08 04:18 PM
    if you pull it off to reapply you need to be pretty gentle. I pulled mine off twice to fix it. I didn't let it sit afterwards, but I only had the screen protector too.

I used Multipurpose windex and a lintless cloth to clean my berry...
    07-19-08 02:41 PM
    I cleaned the whole thing first with some lens cleaner wipes bought @ a grocery store and then donned gloves to prevent any finger tips from getting under the skin during application. Yea take the battry out like the others said. I bought the BSE btw

Did you just use a pair of rubber gloves?
    07-19-08 04:04 PM
    Hah well I just recieved my replacement IS and wouldn't ya know they sent the wrong one. It says Blackberry 8330 Curve Screen on the front of the package, but its seem like a shield for a Blackberry Pearl....ughhh. Now I gotta call up Zagg again and they probably wont belive me saying that they sent the wrong part.
    07-19-08 07:58 PM
    i'm sorry that you received the wrong sized screen protector. maybe call them up or email them and ask them to send the right sized case ASAP and that you'll send in the current one as an exchange. if they ask for shipping, say that they messed the order up and it should be on them. of course, say it as nicely as you can! hope this works out for you!
    07-19-08 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD