I got an Invisible Shield installed on my curve at one of those mall kiosks.

Now 3 days later, there's still a bunch of rainbow specs (not dust, because when I take my nail and rub the screen they move) and two small scratches on the screen (not there before the shield was installed).

I thought all of the water was supposed to evaporate after a day or two? It's been 3 days and I'm getting worried that it's not going to go away.

Thanks!
    05-25-09 08:20 PM
    My IS never healed, so I took it off.
    I hate IS with a passion now, get Phantom Skinz or BSE. Both are way better.
    05-25-09 08:22 PM
    My IS never healed, so I took it off.
    I hate IS with a passion now, get Phantom Skinz or BSE. Both are way better.
    Never healed? Like how?

And I tried BSE, but I suck at installing 'em. Which is why I had the kiosk do it for me.
    05-25-09 08:42 PM
    The dots never went away. They just... Stayed. They deffinetely decreased in number after a week, but some were still there. Maybe buy a BSE or Phantom Skinz and have the kiosk do it for you? Just pay them full price, take home the IS, and sell it.
    05-25-09 08:44 PM
    i haven't had trouble with invisible shields, just use the squeegee to get all the water out from under the shield.
    05-25-09 09:11 PM
    I have a BSE on my G1 and 8900 and I love them. They are great.
    05-25-09 09:34 PM
    Mine is perfect, IS for the win!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 09:47 PM
    Guys, I love the fact that you are happy with your IS.

But posts like
    "THEY ARE GREAT I LUV DEM!"

Do not help my problem. Not trying to be an a**. Sorry.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or will they go away on their own?
    05-25-09 09:52 PM
    I had a similar problem with a PSP and it drove me crazy. Hope your problem can be resolved!
    05-25-09 10:09 PM
    Just get a BSE or Phantom Skinz, and do it yourself. I bet the mall kiosk people do a crappy job because they don't really care what happened to your phone. They don't have to look at it everyday.
    05-25-09 10:27 PM
    I used InvisibleShield on phones, gaming devices, pdas and laptops and most of the problems disappeared over time. As long as you wait the full 24 hours before using the device right away and squeegee out any excess liquid, the blemishes should work their way out in about a month.

05-25-09 11:03 PM
    I've had my IS on my 8900 since the beginning of april. The rainbow specs have not disappeared. I'm thinking of trying a different screen protector.

05-26-09 12:49 AM
    I used a IS on my 8330 and had no problem. I believe one of two things causes the problems. (1) people hurry thru it and do not squeege all the liquid out (and may be using too much of it) and (2) using the phone too soon. The directions tell you to wait 24 hours before using your phone.
    I am certain the kiosk did not do this. I am also sure you didnt do it either, they probably handed you back the phone and you continued using it.
    To solve your problem, try using the rubber squeege and working the spots out or two rip it off and take the loss as a lesson learned.
    Never used BSE but it is cheaper in price than IS. Not sure if the quality is the same or not. IS was having a 50% off sale dont know if still going on or not. You can also buy IS at BestBuy stores.
    05-26-09 10:50 AM
    spray it with solution....then take the squeegee and try and work the bubbles out.
    do not peal the screen back as it will stretch it.
    start from the middle and work your way to the corners/ sides, a little at a time.
    other option is to order a replacement for 4.00 shipped.
    also, I use my phone 10 mins after installing and never had problems on any device..... 4 phones, 3 nintendo ds's cameras, etc.
    it was installed incorrectly.
    05-26-09 11:20 AM
    Never used BSE but it is cheaper in price than IS. Not sure if the quality is the same or not. IS was having a 50% off sale dont know if still going on or not. You can also buy IS at BestBuy stores.
    Yes, the 50% is still going on through Wednesday: Zagg Invisible Shield, and enter the code "memday09" at checkout for your discount.
    05-26-09 12:24 PM
    I would go with Phantom Skinz. Had mine done at a kiosk in AZ and it looks PERFECT. There wasn't even anything wrong with it when they gave it back to me. They told me I could use it right away, I just had to be sure not to put it in my pockets for like an hour.

If you have waited over a week I doubt your problems will go away. I would take it back to the kiosk and have them redo it (which they should do for free), or buy a Phantom Skinz kit since their material is apparently superior to the Invisible Shield anyways. Its weird that you would have problems when you paid to have it installed, I mean its their job to do this stuff all day long. It should be perfect.
    05-26-09 12:33 PM
    I used a IS on my 8330 and had no problem. I believe one of two things causes the problems. (1) people hurry thru it and do not squeege all the liquid out (and may be using too much of it) and (2) using the phone too soon. The directions tell you to wait 24 hours before using your phone.
    I am certain the kiosk did not do this. I am also sure you didnt do it either, they probably handed you back the phone and you continued using it.
    To solve your problem, try using the rubber squeege and working the spots out or two rip it off and take the loss as a lesson learned.
    I asked the guy and he said it was fine to use the phone for texting and long as I didnt put it in my pocket or put my case back on.
    05-26-09 03:49 PM
    If you have the packaging from your IS you can go to the Zagg website and register it. They guarantee these things for life so once registered you can contact them about the fact that it has scratches and they will replace it.

05-26-09 08:16 PM
    read the instructions it tells you when you can use the phone and how long to wait before using the phone.
    06-03-09 04:00 PM
    remember those in the kiosk are only selling a provided product, they arent the experts on the items.
    06-03-09 04:01 PM
    It can take up to a week for all the moisture to dry up. I put too much on when i applied mine, took almost 5 days, but it all disappeared. Hope it works out for you!
    06-03-09 04:16 PM
    Zaggs been good on their warranty issues with me...let them know what happened...who installed the Shield and they will probably help you even if you don't have your item registered or your receipt.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-03-09 at 05:32 PM. Reason: content moderation
    06-03-09 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD