Bought this product from a retailer since I was to eager to wait for the product to be shipped. Invisible Shield by Zagg is not invisible at all. My BB Storm screen now looks like it has the "Runs" a Wave effect. I would NOT recommend this product to anyone who is proud of their Storm and wants to show it off
    02-27-09 11:33 AM
    that is weird i got mine put on at my local mall and it looks just fine.... i would go back and have it redone... it has life time warranty... hope this helps..
    02-27-09 11:58 AM
    Those "runs" are from your greasy fingers. If you aren't happy with it I would try out a product that advertises 'non-glare'. Like the DLO for the iPhone at Best BuyN not sure if they will fit a storm screen though, I cut them to shape for my 8830.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 11:59 AM
    Would you prefer to have a little wave effect in your screen or a scratched screen?
    02-27-09 12:02 PM
    I'm on my 2nd IS on my Curve. My complaint is they both have turned slightly orange.
    02-27-09 12:02 PM
    not that i have the storm but i have the invisible shield on my pearl and it looks great. i must admit it's quite tricky to apply. i've applied it to 5 electronic devices, and only now do i feel comfortable about applying it.

eripmu is right, after time it kind of turns orange, and mine had peeled a little before i replaced it, but there's a lifetime warranty on it so no worries.

oh yes and the wave could be from your fingers, you're supposed to wash em before you apply because you risk getting marks on the shield
    Last edited by redsoxrocker; 02-27-09 at 12:13 PM.
    02-27-09 12:03 PM
    send it back for a replacement, and try following the instructions this time. it's an amazing product.
    02-27-09 12:19 PM
    I'm on my 2nd IS on my Curve. My complaint is they both have turned slightly orange.
    Orange? Is that what that colors supposed to be? Mine turned yellow.
    02-27-09 12:24 PM
    send it back for a replacement, and try following the instructions this time. it's an amazing product.

Why Oh Why do people insist upon assuming that people dont read directions or instructions? As far as IS being so amazing, I can put one on with my eyes practically closed and I feel that there are others that are much cheaper and do a far more superior job.
    02-27-09 12:28 PM
    Thanks for assuming I didn't wash my hands. But that is not the case here. And to me even a Yellowing or Orange discoloration is unacceptable.
    02-27-09 01:00 PM
    Thanks for assuming I didn't wash my hands. But that is not the case here. And to me even a Yellowing or Orange discoloration is unacceptable.
    Look at it like this, if it weren't for assuming, some people wouldnt have anything to say.
    02-27-09 02:31 PM
    Did you let it sit powered down for however long they tell you to? I had one on my Curve and I didn't follow that step and mine wasn't completely invisible. I have seen some that have been installed correctly and they aren't even noticable.

02-27-09 04:27 PM
    You're not going to find a screen protector that over time will not disappoint you in some way, but there are quite a lot of brands and finishes out there that you can try. Having used both the "clear, liquid adhesive" types as well as the "anti-glare, static cling" type, my personal favorite are the ones from Best Skins Ever. I have them on my phones, PSP, GPS, camera LCD, etc. They're inexpensive and protect very well.

I hope you find the one that works for you.
    02-27-09 05:18 PM
    Ditto on the BSE.........
    03-01-09 09:20 AM
    I'm partial to bodyguardz which you can find in the cb store.

03-01-09 09:25 AM
    I have used the Zagg IS for a number of other products, but they were all screen only (camera, gps, media players). I will say they were a bit more troublesome to put on than I thought they would be, but in all cases, the screens did even out over time (one or two days). With experience, my application skills have gotten better.

Zagg has since suggested getting fingers wet (not dripping) before working with the material, and that made a big difference.

Recently, my daughter and I got the Storm under Verizon's two for one sale. I ordered the full case protection IS from Zagg. This package has 14 die cut pieces, so getting things positioned correctly took time, but the applicator solution made the pieces easily positionable while wet. Oddly, the curved pieces were easier to do than the flat screen, but while there were minor bubbles on screen at first, by the time it had set up overnight, they were gone.

The product lived up to its name of being honestly invisible. No bubbles, no waves or ripples. Nothing but the same perfectly shiny Storm. Except for a very slight difference in "feel", you can't tell it's there. Several times, my daughter picked up my phone not being able to tell the difference. Now she wants it on hers.

Not sure why you are getting the waves, but I've heard good things about Zagg's guarantee. I know if you send in your phone for repair and they send a replacement phone, Zagg will send you a new IS for free, so I suspect they will make this right for you, too.

As one possible thought, did you remove the thin screen protector that came pre-installed on the phone? Don't know if that would make a difference in adhesion, but I could see it happening. I removed mine before applying the IS.

In the meantime, send Zagg a note and see what they can do to help.
    03-02-09 08:21 AM
    The first IS I got looked terrible on my screen. They sent me a new one anyway because they cut the screen wrong in size, and the second time I put it on it looks great. Looking at the phone straight on, you can't even tell it's there. You can see the orange peel effect by turning the screen so that a light source is reflected on the screen, and you will see a texture. I think the problem I had with the first one was that I put it on and then turned the device on immediately, which made the preliminary waves and screen distortion evident. The second time I put it on I let it sit for 12 hours (as recommended) and when I turned it on it looked great.

03-02-09 11:49 AM
    You didnt do a good job putting it on.
    03-02-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD