Does anyone have any experience with the Invisible shields used on BB's, iPhone's and iPods? I am thinking about getting it for my BB Curve and wondered if anyone had any information (pro or con).... Also is it worth the effort to do the whole phone or should I just do the screen? Thanks.
    09-10-08 05:26 PM
    I use Best Skins Ever, same material, easier application IMO and 1/4 the cost. I have one on my Macbook, my iPhone, my old BB Pearl, my old iPod touch, bought one for my brothers pearl....

OK you get the idea. BSE doesn't have a lifetime warranty, but for the cost of 2 skins its still cheaper than one IS. And so you know i'm not biased i have used IS too. Originally i bought for my iPod touch. Application was horrible with the little bottle of solution. Looked so bad and i ripped it off and bought a BSE. Some people swear by one, some swear by the other.

Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page
    09-10-08 05:32 PM
    Thanks for the information... When you did your phone did you do the whole thing or just the screen?
    09-10-08 05:35 PM
    I just put one on my curve, and love it, install was easy. Just place on the phone if not exactly centered you can just slide it to where you want it then push the liquid out from under it. I would definitely recommend one. O and only got the screen protection

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 05:43 PM
    I always did the entire phone. But the iPhone 3g application was difficult due to the corners & when i bought a hard case to put on it, it did not fit over the BSE on the back so i had to peel it off. But normally i do the entire phone.

It's all up to your preference. Some people only care about the screen.
    09-10-08 05:43 PM
    I had Invisible Shield for several devices. w/In no time, the shields became discolored pretty badly. So I took them off. IS has a lifetime replacement, but I didnt feel like going through the bother.
    09-10-08 05:56 PM
    I had Invisible Shield for several devices. w/In no time, the shields became discolored pretty badly. So I took them off. IS has a lifetime replacement, but I didnt feel like going through the bother.
    i'm glad you pointed that out. When i originally pulled off my BSE off my pearl before i sold it, it had a yellow tinge to it. Never really noticed it on the device itself though, only when i peeled it off. I'm thinking over time both brands do it, just never noticed it on the pink.
    09-10-08 05:58 PM
    It is amazing how much you learn reading other people's threads...

I just put a screen skin on and it is working well but I have been concerned about the rest of this beautiful phone. Just like I want to take care of my bride I have to take care of this!! Thanks for the info!!
    09-10-08 06:04 PM
    I've ordered IS from ZAGG before, all i can say is:
    their shipping is a pain in the a**.

I ordered around Early Aug, and i didn't even receive a shipped confirmation letter yet. Contacted ZAGG, and they said the IS hasn't even left the facility yet. So i Just canceled the order.

BSE ships on the next business day, which i've already received it by now, +1 for BSE
    09-10-08 06:41 PM
    i got a bodyguard back when i had my iPhone, and i didn't like the weird rubbery feeling...
    09-10-08 06:45 PM
    Ditto to a T! I did the entire phone and the corners if not watched will start coming up and dirt gets under it. The IS covers the entire phone, BSE does not send coverage for any of the black parts, that could have something to do with the price.

09-10-08 07:24 PM
    Ditto to a T! I did the entire phone and the corners if not watched will start coming up and dirt gets under it. The IS covers the entire phone, BSE does not send coverage for any of the black parts, that could have something to do with the price.

never tried the bse on the curve....i had full body shields for both pearls and it covered everything. The ipod touch one covered everything either and still a lot cheaper than IS
    09-10-08 07:48 PM
    I don't have any experience using any other protective covers but the IS has been really great for me. I got it to cover my entire phone but I have a rubber skin protector as well so really only the screen piece is necessary. If you do get the full protection you might not be able to use the hard snap together style cases bc the phone will be too thick. I didn't have any problems with the shipping from zagg either. Hope this helps!
    09-10-08 08:35 PM
    Here's a few pics of a Curve with a BSE on it:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/my-...utorial-44859/
    09-10-08 08:42 PM
    I bought an invisible shield, ripped it off in a day-it began to collect fuzz!
    09-10-08 10:27 PM
    I've used both and the I.S. is worth the $$$. Lifetime warranty is worth it.
    09-11-08 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD