11-25-11 12:10 PM
36 12
tools
    I fixed the problem by reinstalling the OS.
    Just do a backup, reinstall the OS from your carrier then Restore your data.
    That worked for me and now i dont have that problem anymore.
    01-23-10 01:46 PM
    Totally worked! Awesome. Thanks so much!
    02-03-10 01:36 PM
    Super late response, but I just ran into this problem, and it seems my memory card was corrupt, if yo go into options -> memory and scroll down to media card and press the bb button and select repair it should do the trick, well it did for me anyways!
    03-20-10 11:26 PM
    I was having same problem with one of our users, I just wiped the device and reactivated, all ring tones now work.
    03-23-10 08:39 AM
    Had the same problem on a Storm. Went to Options, Sounds and Ringtones then set the ring tone from here and it works. If I tried to set the ringtone from the phone screen, it would change it, but it wouldn't play. Just an FYI.
    04-26-10 04:56 PM
    *****FIX***** (i hope)

Love how I troubleshooted this myself. The only fix that seems to work is to change all ringtones and alerts through the menu to change ringtones in the profiles menu (the little icon on the top left of the tour home screen). If u change sounds/alerts/contact rintones thru the options menu this is causing the problem

also my music works flawlessly now too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

================================================== ===============================
    ORIGIANAL 1ST POST BELOW
    downloaded all my ringtones off this site. Every one says "invalid ring tone selected...." they previewed once after download, now wont work.

any ideas?

I tried turning the phone off and on.

Battery pull. putting phone on vibrate then back to sound.

tried redownloading them.
    -----------------------
    Hi - I took the battery out for 1 min before switching the phone on. After that the reboot happened on-its-own and the ringtones worked.
    05-10-10 07:36 AM
    Had problems getting Tour to recognize downloaded ringtones that I installed via DM. I would have them changed using the Options menu>Ringtones/Alerts. Sometimes the new ringtones wouldn't even show up in the list. Found the fix, thanks to the idea by Kegman, above.

Here's the deal. Two things need to be done:

1 -- Make sure the ringtones are loaded into the ringtones' folder on the hard drive, not on the memory card's ringtones folder.
    I recently installed an 8 gig card, which doesn't have anything in its ringtone folder. My first go-round, I installed the ringtones into this folder. Then I deleted the new ringtones from the card and installed them into the hard drive's ringtone folder.

2 -- Click the speaker (sounds) icon in upper left corner of home screen. Click Custom profiles>Add Custom Profile. Go through each and make whatever changes, then save each.
    When done, be SURE TO DO A SAVE where the categories are listed under the Name: xxx. Exit.
    Click on the Sounds icon on the home page, click your custom profile to make it active.

In the future, make any changes to sounds by editing your custom file.

Having a custom file also saves you from having to re-do sounds if you loose them. Just click on the custom profile again. All better.

The TOUR is awesome!!! A blend of the Storm and the Curve, and then some.
    Ha great fix worked first time, had been putting up with this for two weeks...but all fixed now..

Thanks..
    05-14-10 07:58 PM
    Ok, so me ring tones are not working again, so i am going to tell you what i think and what i have done to fix the problem completely.
    I do not think it is the operating system of the BB that is making this happen it is a issue with a program which came to lite for me with it saying to things jave problem and my MSM was be handled by another program found the e fending object and deleted it.
    2 things all rings now work been four days no battery pull, and my battery life has shot up through the roof.... to now just using 30% a day...
    05-29-10 08:47 PM
    After reading the above post, I began to uninstall apps and one of those was the culprit. Once removed and rebooted all sounds/ring tones were fine and back to normal.

The real problem is tracking down which app(s) you installed last.
    Thanks again.
    03-30-11 06:39 AM
    This problem has repeated itself with my Bold at least 5 times in the past few months. I don't see a pattern. This time, I know I have not installed any new apps, haven't upgraded anything or downloaded any tones, music etc. (The only thing I've done is download a .pdf file and opened it in Documents To Go.) A battery pull works but I'd like to understand what exactly is causing this, technically speaking.
    05-21-11 07:21 PM
    Ring tones came back with a hard reset (battery removal)
    11-25-11 12:10 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD