Those who have been on here for a while may have seen a little pet streaming project of mine called Yesterberry kicking around; from a little experimental webpage, to languishing in beta testing for months, to being set aside- and even put up for sale- when personal life got in the way...

Finally I am happy (and proud) to announce its official opening: welcome to Yesterberry.com!

Yesterberry was originally envisioned as a way to provide on-demand vintage audio and video streamed to our Blackberry phones. Today's incarnation does this while also giving access to many live media streams as well. Best of all, it's 100% free, so there's no harm in checking it out

Consider this the official thread and support forum for posting feedback, problems, ideas, requests, asking questions, giving suggestions, etc.
    08-30-10 01:17 AM
    nice! the page looks quite 90's glad you didn't put beta somewhere on the page... it needs more construction gifs..

I will have to check this out though, definitely good for those time where you just waiting for someone thanks ALi baba and the forty thieves, heheh. i may still have that on vhs at my parents place! Loved that. Is the files split so that it can run through BIS? or is there another reason to that?

How does one submit content?
    08-30-10 02:34 AM
    nice! the page looks quite 90's glad you didn't put beta somewhere on the page... it needs more construction gifs..

I will have to check this out though, definitely good for those time where you just waiting for someone thanks ALi baba and the forty thieves, heheh. i may still have that on vhs at my parents place! Loved that. Is the files split so that it can run through BIS? or is there another reason to that?

How does one submit content?
    I'm sure it looks old-school and strange using a desktop browser. It's meant to be simple and lightweight, since it's a mobile website. Try it on your Blackberry before judging the design too harshly

The files are split because of the way our phones pre-buffer http-served files; it does it by percentage, therefore it takes forever (and likes to choke) on very long / large single files. You can always hit Play, though, and a single playlist will load that has all parts included.

Just drop me a line at support@yesterberry.com, or contact me through the forums here.
    08-30-10 02:44 AM
    I like the thought that went into your site but I tried both High/Low quality and get the dreaded "file not supported for ya device".

Thnx, •Tripster•

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 02:52 AM
    I like the thought that went into your site but I tried both High/Low quality and get the dreaded "file not supported for ya device".

Thnx, •Tripster•

Someday perhaps RIM will decide that all devices should have HTTP streaming capability, not just select random ones (and then never disclose which is which anyway)

Perhaps if we're lucky, it's just the playlist file that your phone doesn't like. What happens if you click on the Direct Download links and choose "Open" ? And I assume the live streams and radio shows work?
    08-30-10 03:27 AM
    Live Streams/Radio shows work fine, wow...thank you so much for developing this project. I will let all my fellow BB addicts know aboot this, much appreciated and I was having issues with Video On Demand section but the rest work fine.

There are at times insane amount of buffering going on but I can deal with it since I know it took ya quite sometime to get this project online. Its very easy to navigate and quite fast indeed.

Keep up the great work and thank you!

Thnx, •Tripster•

08-30-10 04:12 AM
    I've checked out and bookmarked your site also, GREAT work!
    08-30-10 10:19 PM
    I've checked out and bookmarked your site also, GREAT work!
    Thank you!

Added about 50 more live audio & video channels to the mix, since I'm getting more hits off those pages than the VOD ones Keep the comments coming!
    08-31-10 02:59 PM
    Thank you!

Added about 50 more live audio & video channels to the mix, since I'm getting more hits off those pages than the VOD ones Keep the comments coming!
    I'm lovin it, keep up the great work.

Thnx, •Tripster•

08-31-10 03:28 PM
    I found Yesterberry by accident last night. Works even on Metro PCS' network! Outstanding! Many Thanks!!!
    09-01-10 07:18 AM
    This is an awesome app. I am glad I stumbled upon it. Magnificent work. You know what would be great for this? A quick launch icon.
    09-01-10 09:24 AM
    This is an awesome app. I am glad I stumbled upon it. Magnificent work. You know what would be great for this? A quick launch icon.
    Sounds like a good idea. Someone out there want to design Yesterberry a spiffy logo? I'm hereby taking submissions! As soon as we have a good one, I'll create and post a quick launch icon. Other than looking sharp and fitting with the style and theme of the website, the requirements are:

-64x64 GIF or PNG
    -Secondary "rollover" image
    -Less than 50KB per image

Maybe this "contest" would work better in a developer's forum... anyone want to sponsor a prize for the winner?
    Last edited by CharredPC; 09-01-10 at 12:15 PM.
    09-01-10 10:03 AM
    Pretty awesome dude. Nice job with the site.

09-03-10 04:26 AM
    Pretty awesome dude. Nice job with the site.

Thank you!

Just added another 30 live audio / video channels, did some general background tweaking, and managed to get the live pages fitting properly (at least on my 9700 screen) so there's no more scrolling needed. I'm also working on a launcher using a temporary self-created icon. If it turns out decent, I may post it up in the 3rd party apps section. Keep the feedback coming, and don't be afraid to bring up layout bugs or suggestions
    09-03-10 07:57 PM
    Great new additions Charred!

Everyone check this site out! You won't be sorry.
    09-03-10 09:22 PM
    Just tried it out today and I must say, I really enjoyed it. Maybe I'm just lucky but it streams well on my BB, with very little buffering. I enjoy the old stuff, especially the cartoons. Like the old-timey feel to the whole site. I spent an hour on my very first visit. (I'm glad I'm my own boss)Thanks a bunch Charred, great idea! Yesterberry even got a spot on my Quicklaunch pad!
    09-03-10 09:45 PM
    As requested, Yesterberry now has a web launcher! This makes it officially a BlackBerry "web app", so I posted a complete walk-through with screenshots and and links here in the 3rd Part Apps section. The icon may not be amazing, but as I ended up making it myself, I don't think it looks too bad...
    09-04-10 02:28 AM
    Great app MANY thanks. I agree if it could be categorized somehow it would be alot smoother. But again thank you for your hardwork
    09-04-10 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD