I am installing a BSE Full skin right now. I am having an issue with the skin. The part where the skin goes over the screen, up and over the edge of the device. Where the screen meets the bezel, the shape goes up and is not completely flat, so there is a small void in that area. How are people getting the part complete flat, up and over the bezel without any voids there. Thanks!
    04-15-09 05:09 PM
    I have the same skin, and I believe what you are describing is normal. After the skin sits on the device for a few minutes, you canm go back and push down the areas like that that may appear to be raised. They should stick down, but it will never completely fill in the tiny spaces where there is a transition in pieces. I don't believe it is supposed to either
    04-15-09 06:22 PM
    I woke up this morning and tried again, and it works much better. There is still a very small gap, but very small. I don't think its possible to get it perfect. I might have to redo it because there is lint under it, ad it looks like jump w/ the chrome.
    04-16-09 10:11 AM
    Same thing happened to me...it's just because the roundness of the bottom. You just have to maneuver the skin so that part you are talking about gets flat and the where it covers the chrome on the bottom is round and uniform as you fold it down. =]
    04-16-09 03:42 PM
    I have noticed that the more times I do it, the easier it gets and looks better every time. I'm not sure what you mean about a "void", but are you talking about the skin needing to bend over an edge, but isn't sticking? If so, check the directions, you should give it about 30 minutes before pressing the skin to meet the curved edges.

There may be some pics of what you mean in my signature, but it's a Curve.
    04-16-09 03:45 PM
    I have noticed that the more times I do it, the easier it gets and looks better every time. I'm not sure what you mean about a "void", but are you talking about the skin needing to bend over an edge, but isn't sticking? If so, check the directions, you should give it about 30 minutes before pressing the skin to meet the curved edges.

There may be some pics of what you mean in my signature, but it's a Curve.
    I think we are talking about different areas, or the edge of the screen is different on the Curve and the Bold, as in, the bezel on the Bold rises up alot higher on the Bold vs. the Curve. I've attached a picture to show what I'm talking about. It was alot worse last night vs this morning, and I just took this pic a min ago.

04-16-09 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD