I purchased the Innocase II and the holster together in Oct of 2009. The first one cracked just above the charging port afternot even 3 months of use. It took Innocase around 8 weeks to get me a new case via a warranty return. Now, not even 4 weeks after I have received the replacement, it too has cracked in the same spot. How about a little design engineering Innocase? You have 1mm thick material with a 4mm span, right on a parting line. This is going to crack all day long.

What are my options now that I have invested over $50 in the holster/case? Can I get a refund?
    04-26-10 01:20 PM
    The manufacturer is Seidio, not Innocase. Innocase is just the brand line. The only option you have is to contact Seidio customer service once again. I would also recommend contacting member "seidioseidio" here at CrackBerry, as he is a Seidio employee.
    04-26-10 02:03 PM
    My Innocase hasn't been the highest quality but I still really like it. The biggest problem that I have is that after having to remove the case a couple times to do battery pulls it doesn't snap tightly shut in the top corner. The keyboard cover is also starting to stretch out but it still works very nicely so I haven't worried too much about it. Too bad, really, cause it's a really nice case other than those two problems.
    04-26-10 02:11 PM
    Go with the Otterbox Defender excellent build and it is as tough as advertised, i have never ever before in my life dropped a phone with this case on i have dropped it at least 5 or 6 times, both case and phone are in excellent shape, don't regret getting it.
    04-26-10 02:19 PM
    probably not. just buy a new one
    04-26-10 04:04 PM
    Buy a new one? The case is under warranty. Seidio should be given the opportunity to address this. Im sure they will hook me up.
    04-27-10 05:11 AM
    I've had my Innocase II since they were first released last year and it has performed flawlessly! No cracks, a few scratches but that is from me dropping it and the case doing its job to protect the Tour. May I ask how you are using your Tour and case? Do you remove the case frequently?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 05:55 AM
    This is why I stopped buying Seidio products. The Innocase for my Bold 9000 and 9700 both cracked within three months. You can get a warranty replacement within six months of the original purchase, but you're SOL when the replacement cracks three months later.
    04-27-10 06:03 AM
    Have you conacted Seidio? My I 2 case cracked much like yours. I contacted them and they confirmed my purchase. They sent my a new one and did not want the cracked one sent back. The only thing CS said was they would only send 1X and it had to be the same model and color. Of course...3 months later it cracked again. Might give Otterbox a try.
    04-27-10 09:13 AM
    Thats how I feel, SOL, also out $$.

The skin never comes off of my Tour. This replacement skin has never been removed. I also have the holster with it, and thats how I carry the Tour while at work, on the holster. maybe thats the problem, taking in on/off the holster stressing this one weak point. I also baught one for my wife, its always in her purse and has no issues.

I dont know what I am going to do. At work its on the belt, out of work its in my pocket. Only solution I see is the original holster with no skin. I dont think the Otterbox is a solution, unless it will fit in the holster with the skin on.
    04-27-10 10:25 AM
    Unfortunately, we can only refund you after 14 days of receiving the new product. We do offer a 180 day warranty on all products so if you fall within those dates we will be happy to take care of the issue.

We are here to help whenever a product breaks, so feel free to private message or email us and we will look into your situation immediately.

Regards,
    Seidio

I purchased the Innocase II and the holster together in Oct of 2009. The first one cracked just above the charging port afternot even 3 months of use. It took Innocase around 8 weeks to get me a new case via a warranty return. Now, not even 4 weeks after I have received the replacement, it too has cracked in the same spot. How about a little design engineering Innocase? You have 1mm thick material with a 4mm span, right on a parting line. This is going to crack all day long.

What are my options now that I have invested over $50 in the holster/case? Can I get a refund?
    04-27-10 11:34 AM
    Seidio, I emailed you this morning with my original RMA number as reference. Hope you can help.
    04-27-10 03:12 PM
    I have a crack in the same spot as the OP. I've not done anything because once the two pieces are connected, it seems to have no affect on the case's performance. Guess I should consider a return, because it is making it harder to snap the top and bottom together.
    04-27-10 04:42 PM
    Can you private message us your RMA number via CrackBerry? We can look into the matter faster that way. We will take care of your problem as quickly as possible.

Regards,
    Seidio

Seidio, I emailed you this morning with my original RMA number as reference. Hope you can help.
    04-27-10 05:03 PM
    We do have a 6 month warranty on all products. If you purchased the case through CrackBerry please fill out this form to file for a return: WSRMA REQUEST FORM FOR AUTHORIZED RESELLER

Let us know if you have any problems!

Regards,
    Seidio

I have a crack in the same spot as the OP. I've not done anything because once the two pieces are connected, it seems to have no affect on the case's performance. Guess I should consider a return, because it is making it harder to snap the top and bottom together.
    04-27-10 05:06 PM
    My Innocase hasn't been the highest quality but I still really like it. The biggest problem that I have is that after having to remove the case a couple times to do battery pulls it doesn't snap tightly shut in the top corner. The keyboard cover is also starting to stretch out but it still works very nicely so I haven't worried too much about it. Too bad, really, cause it's a really nice case other than those two problems.
    How about installing QuickPull or MeterBerry so you don't have to take off the case to do battery pulls? Just a thought
    04-27-10 05:41 PM
    How about installing QuickPull or MeterBerry so you don't have to take off the case to do battery pulls? Just a thought
    Something as simple as removing and replacing the case should not be the cause of a case breaking that is well built. Repeated drops would be another story. Having been a QuickPull user, the built in reset does not always work as it should so you have to do a manual battery pull.
    04-27-10 07:30 PM
    We do have a 6 month warranty on all products. If you purchased the case through CrackBerry please fill out this form to file for a return: WSRMA REQUEST FORM FOR AUTHORIZED RESELLER

Let us know if you have any problems!

Regards,
    Seidio
    Thanks! I just submitted the form.
    04-27-10 08:15 PM
    Thanks! I just submitted the form.

I have this very same problem as well. Thought I was alone until I read this thread. Even tried to repair it myself with gorilla glue but it didn't last more than couple of days. Thanks to the info in this thread, I too have submitted the form.
    04-28-10 06:59 AM
    I have the exact same problem. I claimed warranty on my first case, received the second, and the same thing happened even sooner.
    04-28-10 08:31 AM
    So what now supermilk7? I have made the original purchase, and forked out more $$ for shipping the old case in. I am now going to be required to spend more $$ to ship in the 2nd case, and this will probably happen again unless the product is changed.
    04-28-10 09:53 AM
    That's exactly the position I'm in, I don't know if I'm going to send it again because doing the math I will have ended up paying almost $50 for a freaking case. Seidio does not seem interested in fixing this issue or compensating consumers so I don't feel comfortable throwing more money at them.
    04-28-10 01:07 PM
    Ditto supermilk7.

BTW, that ID sounds like a Quinten T. movie title. Awesome...
    04-28-10 01:10 PM
    I too had the case crack and filed a claim asking for replacement. The case that I have is eight months old, and therefore does not qualify for replacement. I was invited to purchase another case to replace my broken one, but will decline the offer. If anyone has suggestions as to alternatives to this case and holster please let me know. The only option that I would require is that the holster accomodate a belt that is 1 and three quarters inches wide.
    04-28-10 01:50 PM
    Seidio responded to my request to replace but they insist me sending my still usable case to them then they'll send me a replacement (4-8 weeks without a case).
    I don't think so.
    Otterbox here I come.
    Seidio....too many problems with poor quality @ top $.
    04-28-10 06:23 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD