I'm probably spending way too much time making this decision, but I've been waiting for the new Otterbox to come out to make a purchase.

I'm just wondering if anyone has used both and if so what the recommendation would be?

I need something that protects my phone pretty well and I'm just concerned that the Innocase doesn't offer the level of protection I need from dust and drops. HOWEVER, I am concerned that I won't be able to hear or project well using the Otterbox.

Also, I work out quite a bit and I need something that's gym compatible. Can both Otterbox and Innocase owners share their armband solutions? I've got bluetooth headphones so it doesn't matter if I can't get to the jack, thought it would be nice.
    03-30-09 09:59 AM
    There is a thread on the NEW Otterbox http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/new...x-here-192610/ that I read and the person there said it is great. I have had 2 Innocase Surface cases and sent them both back because after you remove it from your storm a couple of times for battery pulls etc, they will eventuall stop snapping together. The Innocase Surface is 2 pieces/halfs that snap together. I am currently waiting for the Innocase 2 so I can see id it's any better designed.
    Last edited by crackersberry; 03-30-09 at 02:06 PM.
    03-30-09 02:01 PM
    That's my worry with ANY hardcase. Once my phone is in there I don't want to take it out constantly, and quickpull allows that freedom. These things are going to break if you constantly take the phone in and out, unfortunately. I would venture to say the brand of case doesn't really matter.

Anyhow, my main concern (other than protection) is finding something that I can leave in the case when I'm running. I don't run inside, so I can't put it on the treadmill (I knew that was coming). I e-mailed Otterbox asking if one of the Ipod straps may work but no response yet...
    03-30-09 02:12 PM
    I love my Innocase II but I guess it doesn't really protect against dust (not an issue for me).

The new Otterbox looks nice but I know there were some issues with the mic and speaker on phone calls with the first model...not sure if that has been fixed. It's also kind of expensive.

You may also want to try the case-mate one. I can't post links yet but if you search the Storm forums for case, it comes up near the bottom with a title like, "hands down the best case for the storm". It offers dust protection.
    03-30-09 03:00 PM
    I love my Innocase II but I guess it doesn't really protect against dust (not an issue for me).

The new Otterbox looks nice but I know there were some issues with the mic and speaker on phone calls with the first model...not sure if that has been fixed. It's also kind of expensive.

You may also want to try the case-mate one. I can't post links yet but if you search the Storm forums for case, it comes up near the bottom with a title like, "hands down the best case for the storm". It offers dust protection.
    Well I'm waiting to recieve my Innocase 2 in exchange for my broken Innocase Surface from Seidio. I'm going to give that a try. As for the Otterbox, if the Innocase doesn't work for me I may try it. I don't think it's too expensive if it's good. I mean after all we are carrying arount $600 phone at full retail so I guess it's worth protecting.
    03-30-09 03:59 PM
    I love my Seidio II case, it gives my phone a more sturdy feeling.
    Its worked wonders for me!
    03-30-09 04:03 PM
    There is a thread on the NEW Otterbox http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/new...x-here-192610/ that I read and the person there said it is great. I have had 2 Innocase Surface cases and sent them both back because after you remove it from your storm a couple of times for battery pulls etc, they will eventuall stop snapping together. The Innocase Surface is 2 pieces/halfs that snap together. I am currently waiting for the Innocase 2 so I can see id it's any better designed.
    That's my worry with ANY hardcase. Once my phone is in there I don't want to take it out constantly, and quickpull allows that freedom. These things are going to break if you constantly take the phone in and out, unfortunately. I would venture to say the brand of case doesn't really matter.
    Hello,

The broken tabs were something found only in an earlier batch of the Innocase Surface, the problem has since been corrected and we have not have any reports of the new ones having any issues. Hope this information helps, let me know if you guys have anymore questions!
    03-30-09 04:05 PM
    I have the innocase II with holster. I like it - but the phone popped out of the holster last night. When the phone hit the ground, the case popped off. So I had my phone and two halves of the case sitting there. Luckily, I was sitting in a chair and the drop was only about a foot, to tile - so no damage. But wtf ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 04:45 PM
    I have the innocase II with holster. I like it - but the phone popped out of the holster last night. When the phone hit the ground, the case popped off. So I had my phone and two halves of the case sitting there. Luckily, I was sitting in a chair and the drop was only about a foot, to tile - so no damage. But wtf ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Are you sure you have the Innocase II? I thought that's what I ordered originally but in fact I got the Innocase I. When I dropped the phone with the Innocase I, the case would break apart and not protect the phone. This hasn't happened yet with the Innocase II and I don't see how it could because the way the two pieces slide onto the phone.
    03-30-09 05:03 PM
    Anyone have an Innocase that they're using with an armband for working out? That's my main issue and the question I'm trying to answer. I can't use the clip...it's impossible and flat out uncomfortable to hook to your "belt" when you're running.

I can't believe the amount of time it's taking me to find a case solution for the Storm that fits my needs. I could have been done a long time ago with an Iphone.....if I didn't hate At&t.
    03-31-09 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD