anybody know if it is possible to set individual tones/alerts for sms/mms texts
    from specific people or is one for all? for example one tone for my wifes texts
    another for espn scores coming in via sms?
    07-02-08 09:41 AM
    come on surely i didnt stump everyone?
    07-02-08 11:12 AM
    Well I have a curve, and can't see a way to set up tones for sms/mms individually, only ringtones. Sorry!
    07-02-08 11:14 AM
    you can set up exceptions in the profiles-advanced menu to get a certain persons text or emails to be on a special ringer. If you search you would probably find it there have been a few posts.
    07-02-08 11:23 PM
    u have to create a new profile in the advanced section .. just name it the persons name and do it like any other profile then it will show up as an exception .. the full instrucions are in the forum some place i think it eas sep tone for email.. but it easy to do
    07-03-08 07:41 AM
    i just set this up..there is a thread in the Blackberry tips,how to, and FAQ section. just like the above posts say..pretty easy!
    07-04-08 12:52 PM
    i see that you can have exceptions for individual calls but this doesnt change texts from these persons
    07-04-08 01:40 PM
    i have done it on mine i get individ tones from everyone i made an exception and profile for .. it gives the custom tone for text sms email and phone
    07-06-08 07:40 AM
    i did it on my curve and on a friends pearl.. individ tone for email sms mms & phone.. u need an exception and a profile for each individ u want
    07-06-08 07:46 AM
    Yea you can set individual ones...its kind of a pain though. Just go to the profiles section and add an exception. you have to type a title at the top then in the second one (i think it says name) click the blackberry key and add name then select whoever from your contacts list then where it says active profile change it to one you dont really use like loud...or whatever then you can pick an idividual ring tone at the bottom...save all of that then go to profiles then advanced then edit whatever profile you chose for that exception like loud and choose an sms txt sound for that. then you just use your regular profile (like the NORMAL one) and whenever that person you created the exception for will have a different txt tone. But if you go to class or work and put your phone on vibrate or silent you will have to go to that individual profile and set that tone to no volume or vibrate/silent otherwise it will still ring when the rest of the phone is set no to.

Yea its a lot. I told you it was a pain but it works. Hope it helps
    09-14-10 04:46 PM
    I just got a blackberry a week ago, the curve and you comment made the most sence but I still don't get what i"m doing. Any chance you can describe it a little better and clearer lol

QUOTE=GracieLovesHerBlackberry;5579950]Yea you can set individual ones...its kind of a pain though. Just go to the profiles section and add an exception. you have to type a title at the top then in the second one (i think it says name) click the blackberry key and add name then select whoever from your contacts list then where it says active profile change it to one you dont really use like loud...or whatever then you can pick an idividual ring tone at the bottom...save all of that then go to profiles then advanced then edit whatever profile you chose for that exception like loud and choose an sms txt sound for that. then you just use your regular profile (like the NORMAL one) and whenever that person you created the exception for will have a different txt tone. But if you go to class or work and put your phone on vibrate or silent you will have to go to that individual profile and set that tone to no volume or vibrate/silent otherwise it will still ring when the rest of the phone is set no to.

Yea its a lot. I told you it was a pain but it works. Hope it helps[/QUOTE]
    01-04-11 03:45 PM
    I just got a blackberry a week ago, the curve and you comment made the most sence but I still don't get what i"m doing. Any chance you can describe it a little better and clearer lol
    I helped you here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f216/t-...5/#post5921663
    01-04-11 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD