Are you able to cram the phone in with a silicone skin, just not easily? I'd say if you can shove it in there, the Feather should fit and slide easily, but don't quote me on it. I have a horizontal one and there is no way I'd fit my Storm with a silicone skin in it, but my Storm + Feather fits easily.
    I can cram the silicone skin in the holster but it is very difficult because the silicone has a non skid kind of surface. Is the feather smooth instead of rubbery like silicone cases? What about the silicrylic case? Thanks for your reply!
    05-11-09 02:04 PM
    I've had the blue Silicrylic case for a few weeks and had no problems so far. Take it out of the case every 2 or 3 days and it's still good.
    05-11-09 02:10 PM
    I can cram the silicone skin in the holster but it is very difficult because the silicone has a non skid kind of surface. Is the feather smooth instead of rubbery like silicone cases? What about the silicrylic case? Thanks for your reply!
    It has a rubberized finish, but it's not as grippy as the silicone skin. I am a girl so my jean pockets are not very large, and I couldn't slide the Storm with a silicone skin out of my pocket easily, but I have no trouble with the Storm + Feather. The silicrylic case, on the other hand, does have a hard back but it also has the silicone-style rubber on the buttons/around the screen, so it both catches a bit more when sliding it into pockets and is quite a bit thicker. I wouldn't anticipate being able to fit the silicrylic in any kind of standard holster.
    05-11-09 02:16 PM
    I had to modify my Silicrylic case to get it to work at all. I used a Dremel tool to remove all the sharp edges along the hard plastic part, not only around the buttons but along all the long edges as well. It was simply gripping the case too tight. While still not perfect, I can live with it for the protection it offers. Looks like Incipio realized they had a problem and are fixing it.

As for the worth it, any product that suck out of the box is NOT worth it, regardless of how good the customer service is. Sweet talk on the phone does not make my Silicrylic case work any better, and I expected a product that worked without me having to do major surgery on it.

So, if you are willing to gamble and maybe get a Storm/Silicrylic combo that works, it is worth it. If you get a case that turns your phone into a pretty paperweight, unable to answer calls, use the touchscreen or hard button, hells no it ain't worth it.
    06-24-09 08:49 AM
    Thanks to the gap09 code that's been floating around, I purchased not one, but two cases from Incipio. I bought the Silicrylic (white) and Feather (blue) and so far, I've just put on the Silicrylic case.

I like the way it looks and it's not as bulky as it looked in the pictures. I'll post some pictures later but I just wanted to know if anybody is experiencing the same thing I am.

Upon putting the cover on, my touch screen doesn't seem to recognize my touch. I can click it but the screen refuses to wake up. When the screen is locked and the screen is turned off, when I push any of the 4 buttons, it would light up the screen and say "Screen is locked. Press the Lock button to unlock." But since putting on the case, the four buttons wouldn't wake up the screen. The only thing I can do is unlock it by pushing the lock button on top. Sometimes, I just want to bring the screen back up to check the time without unlocking the screen.

Anybody else experience this?
    i have but i've found that to be a .148 OS issue. where i have to click one of the physical keys before hitting the lock button to get it to respond.
    07-18-09 01:18 PM
    I had the same problem with the silicrylic case--Screen would not respond, unlocking was a chore, ect. I also just cut off the right convenience key and now it works like a charm. Easy easy
    07-22-09 02:01 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD