One thing I've noticed with everyone who has a white case (either factory, or replacement parts) is the light bleed, especially around the notification LED. I just had an idea (but no way to test it out).

White bleeds or reflects light. Black blocks light. Everyone knows this and experiences it in various ways every day. The problem with the whiteberry is that while some people like the white look, it tends to bleed light. So I had an idea just now... and this would probably be more for those who are replacing the casing rather for those who purchased a white model...

What about painting the inside of the front panel with flat black paint? I was thinking something like the tiny bottles of paint available at hobby stores... specifically the ones for painting plastic models. One issue with this might be inconsistent paint coverage that might be able to be seen through the front.

Another idea (instead of brushing paint on) would be to spray paint it. Again, probably paint for plastic models from a hobby store. You'd want to be VERY careful about masking stuff off to prevent getting paint where you DON'T want it.... but I think it could work very well... in theory at least.

It might "darken" the white look of the housing though... making it look more of a cream color rather then white, but I'm just throwing an idea out there....

Anyone with a response (either "hey! thats a great idea" or "no, sorry it won't work. Here's why...") please post.... maybe we can figure something out for all the whiteberry fans!
    02-28-10 08:40 AM
    You could also do something like that with some tape, a lil' duct tape would have a white backing and block light bleed.

(If you put duct tape in your phone, you might be a redneck!)

There are also vinyl tapes that would do the same thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-28-10 at 11:14 AM.
    02-28-10 11:10 AM
    Electrical tape may be a better idea; less residue and light reflecting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD