Hey guys, this isn't about a wallpaper image, but rather an icon customization, and I figured the best place to find a good graphic designer on this site would be here.

First, if you haven't seen, you can customize e-mail icons here: How to Customize Blackberry Email and Folder Icons | iCrack

A little bit of info, for BB icon files, it uses a 180x60 PNG image, with the "normal" icon on the left side, and the "hover" icon on the right.

At the bottom of that page, there's a link to a zip file with more icons (the password is listed, but it didn't work, though clicking Cancel did), and in that icon pack there's a blue BB icon. The blue BB icon on the right (the larger, hover icon) ends up getting cut off on my phone when I hover over it.

So here's what I would like: the attached image, but with the same size BB logo on the left and right. The left blue like it is now, and the right side a white version of it. I'm playing around with it in PS, but it's going to end up looking really choppy, and I think someone here could do it really slick in about 30 seconds.

Thanks in advance!

02-07-10 12:03 PM

if that's what you mean

or this

Last edited by y0us3f; 02-07-10 at 01:20 PM.
    02-07-10 01:18 PM
    The 'how to customize your icons link' is very interesting.
    Thanks for sharing that
    02-07-10 01:51 PM
    Nice...thanks! My analytical mind tells me that one is big white and one is little. Tell me...which tool did you use for that?

And with regards to this procedure...its quite ambiguous. I made the change for both work exchange and gmail accounts. The first battery pull did nothing but remove yahoos default custom icon. Then yahoo was back, but nothing else. Then my work exchange magically appeared without the help of a pull, but gmail still hasn't customized.

And the numbering is also ambiguous because it says to number storm files as 1-73-73.png...but if you look in an existing UID directory it uses 1-73-70.png...at least for my work exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 03:56 PM
    The first one yes the white is bigger , but the second image they're the same

I saved ur image file and opened it with photoshop

then I removed the one on the right then i copied and pasted the one on the left so I got 2 logos same size , then CTRL + U ... adjust brightness to HIGHEST , and it'll be white
    02-07-10 04:21 PM
    Ahhhh could you please make the bg transparent?

02-09-10 02:44 PM
    By the way...it took two days for the icons to .magically appear this time, along with yahoos default custom icon, before they both took a mini-vaca

02-09-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD