I like my charging cradle, but I don't like how the INSTANT I put my 8900 in, it goes into clock mode. It's really annoying..

Is there anyway to stop that?
    01-29-09 08:16 PM
    Go to Clock - Menu Key - Options - When Charging -> Change to "Do Nothing"
    01-29-09 08:19 PM
    Sweet thank you
    01-29-09 08:20 PM
    is it possible to standby mode while charging, I too hate the clock and how the screen is on all night.

I'd test it but my phone is currently in my fathers hand since his phone is swimming in the atlantic. 24 hrs without a blackberry, the horror....
    01-29-09 08:31 PM
    i like the clock whens its in charge specially when it's lcd digital...

well to each his own

changed my setting to greyscale and it's suuuper nice!
    01-29-09 09:20 PM
    You guys honestly don't like the clock feature? I know its a simple feature but it really is awesome in my opinion. I put the 8900 in its cradle at night and not only do I have an alarm clock but I also have an instant bedside clock. On top of that if you want to have some music playing to put you to sleep, you can set a playlist with songs and have that put you to sleep. I think the cradle/clock display combination is very nice and I am glad the 8900 has that feature.
    01-29-09 09:37 PM
    You guys honestly don't like the clock feature? I know its a simple feature but it really is awesome in my opinion. I put the 8900 in its cradle at night and not only do I have an alarm clock but I also have an instant bedside clock. On top of that if you want to have some music playing to put you to sleep, you can set a playlist with songs and have that put you to sleep. I think the cradle/clock display combination is very nice and I am glad the 8900 has that feature.
    I agree. My wife was begging me to set the same up on her 8320 - unfortunately, that feature wasn't available.
    01-29-09 10:51 PM
    Well, I don't use my 8900 for a clock that much. I am still somewhat old-fashioned and I wear a silver clockface watch which I use a lot...

I also already have an alarm clock that I love to use...it has an escalating alarm and I can push the snooze button with my foot
    01-29-09 11:51 PM
    Ah well, fair enough. I guess just turn it off then!
    01-29-09 11:53 PM
    Haha yeah...

I mean, the BB has a nice alarm too...but I'm rather sloppy when I wake up, I'm worried if I use the BB alarm, I'll wake up like "nnnghhhh" and in my sloppy eagerness to turn it off, I'll hit it off my desk!!! 0_0
    01-30-09 12:04 AM
    I hear ya, I'm terrible in the morning. I have to set at least 5 alarms to wake up everyday on my Blackberry in case I accidentally do not hit snooze on just one!
    01-30-09 12:07 AM
    I hear ya, I'm terrible in the morning. I have to set at least 5 alarms to wake up everyday on my Blackberry in case I accidentally do not hit snooze on just one!
    how do you set 5 alarms? i can only set one on the clock...
    01-30-09 12:16 AM
    Go into your Calendar > BB Button > New Alarm
    01-30-09 12:19 AM
    Go into your Calendar > BB Button > New Alarm
    I never thought to do that even though I saw the option. Good advice! Aristile seems to be on a rampage of good advice in this forum... Thanks!

I still worry in the morning the alarm may not be as loud as I am used too (8320 loudness). If I'm late for work tomorrow I'll hand the boss the 8900 and tell him to play with it. Since he went with a Pearl (he was asked what model he wanted a month ago) maybe that will distract him from the fact that I have bloodshot eyes and I'm 3 hours late.

Oh wait nobody is touching my new baby until I wear her in! I guess I'll just have to deal with the drama.
    01-30-09 12:35 AM
    No problem on the tips, I was once a lost deer to the Blackberry world. And that was only a little over a year ago! I don't know everything and I am constantly learning new things every day. I am using OS .133 and I think the alarm sound is quite loud enough. I generally cycle though my MP3s and setup a song to wake up to in the morning.
    01-30-09 12:40 AM
    Go to Clock - Menu Key - Options - When Charging -> Change to "Do Nothing"
    Do you know what "bedside mode" does?
    01-30-09 09:14 AM
    Its an option you can select when you have your Bold next to your bed. Every 25 - 30 mins the bold will lean over and give you a kiss and gently caress your hair until you fall asleep. Its great!!

all joking aside - its just dims the clock screen and gives you the option to disable the the flashing LED when you get new email.
    Got this amusing answer from the BOLD forums, but can't post URL cause don't have enough credits
    01-30-09 09:39 PM
    I LOVE IT too Aristile! I just got done changing my clock lol, I think that is another great feature of our 8900
    01-31-09 05:54 AM
    I plug my BB for charging in my home-office so I don't keep it bedside. I turned off the clock since there is no reason to have the backlight working all night unnecessarily.
    01-31-09 09:59 AM
    charging cradle rules! don't have to full with the USB cable all the time, when I am around the cradle I just pop it in and out constantly when not in use to give it a quick top up charge. I dig it
    01-31-09 01:32 PM
    thanks. useful info.
    01-31-09 05:02 PM
    i like the clock whens its in charge specially when it's lcd digital...

well to each his own

changed my setting to greyscale and it's suuuper nice!
    how do u change to greyscale? can u post sum pics of how it looks?!?!

thx
    02-01-09 11:30 PM
    I'm also wondering if there's a way to make a button shortcut to switch to Bedside Mode while the charging clock is displayed. Reason being is I charge my phone at work and next to my bed so I would only want the bedside mode to happen at home, but I figure one button is easier than Menu, scroll, click.
    02-02-09 10:10 AM
    I think you have to either leave it on or off. What you can do is always leave it on then when you put it in the cradle at work you can press escape key and then press "ok" at the prompt to confirm you want to exit bedside mode.
    02-02-09 10:31 AM
    This also works on the Pearl Flip, FYI...

02-02-09 04:14 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD