I'm looking for educated guesses on how long we will have to wait for accessories from other manufacturer's for the Storm 2. I have never bought a phone when it was first released so I'm not familiar with how long it usually takes for companies to build model specific accessories. Do some of these companies already have S2 Dummy Phones so they can release their stuff along with the Storm 2 launch? Specifically I'm interested in an Otterbox and I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait...days, weeks, or months???
    10-04-09 07:38 PM
    Faster than you think.

I'd say weeks or less.
    10-04-09 07:52 PM
    I'm sure there won't be much to modify from the original storms accessories, so I would imagine a pretty quick release of third party accessories.
    10-04-09 08:06 PM
    Does Blackberry build it's accesories at the same time as the new models?
    Things like charging cradles, etc.
    I have the same questions regarding third party car mounts, screen protectors and such

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 08:10 PM
    I would say a week might be the earliest unless the company is working with RIM/Verizon and has gotten an Odin. But that is just a guess. I plan to just buy a cheap skin that verizon releases when I buy my Odin until a quality one is available

They phones are very similar but I think just different enough to have to redesign skins and cases anyway. And we have seen that charging cradles/docks need to be remade.

Differences that I think will play a part are:
    -New location for external speaker
    -no more bumps on the back to lift the device when laid on back
    -Charging port is in slightly different spot
    -Earphone jack is not protruding but appears recessed or flush
    -Side buttons might be slightly different location
    -Entire phone looks a millimeter or 2 longer
    -Odin looks to have more of a slight curve to it than the Storm 1
    Last edited by Mr.Miagi; 10-04-09 at 08:51 PM.
    10-04-09 08:45 PM
    Anyone think that someone like Sal may work for one of these companies? Where do you think some of these people get the endless resources necessary to end up with several pre-release devices? I mean, a regular phone enthusiast like most of us here would be happy with one S2, but others seem to have a steady supply of them. Just saying that some of these folks could be working with/for a 3rd party manufacturer of accessories.
    10-04-09 09:44 PM
    Anyone think that someone like Sal may work for one of these companies? Where do you think some of these people get the endless resources necessary to end up with several pre-release devices? I mean, a regular phone enthusiast like most of us here would be happy with one S2, but others seem to have a steady supply of them. Just saying that some of these folks could be working with/for a 3rd party manufacturer of accessories.
    Yeah some of them might, but you can always fork out the money... It'll definitely cost you though.
    10-04-09 10:36 PM
    there was a leak picture awhile ago from i think vodaphone it showed they already sku and pricing for the S2 accessorizes from rim so the wait will as long as it takes to get your mailbox
    10-04-09 10:50 PM
    Definitely a possibility.
    10-05-09 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD